I'll Be Home For Christmas

Jensen x Reader

Wrapping your scarf tighter around my neck, you tried to ignore the shiver that ran up your spine. Living in Texas had warmed your blood, and this freezing Vancouver weather had you shivering all the way down to your boots.

It had seemed like a great idea at the time. Fly up from Texas and surprise your fiancée at work. Then the two of you would fly home together for his Christmas break. You had been missing him something like crazy, and you hadn't wanted to spend any more time apart.

But now, as you walked from the airport to the waiting Taxi's in the snow, you wondered if this had been such a smart idea. Jensen would be home in less than a week, and you could have stayed in your comfortable house, with fairly nice weather.

Even as those thoughts swam through your mind, so did Jensen's vibrant green eyes, and you knew you had made the right decision. Raising your hand, you hailed the closest cab, sliding in out of the snow as they loaded your luggage.

It was quite the trek through Vancouver to the studios, made even worse by the holiday traffic and the snow covering the ground. Your cab driver was confident, handling the roads with ease while trying to get you to talk. "Here for the holidays?" He asked you, his brown eyes glancing through the rear-view mirror.

"Just visiting." You answered, as your phone lit up with a text from Jensen. "Almost done filming for the day. Counting down the days until I come home to your pretty smile."

"Must be a lucky guy to deserve that much love in a smile." The cab driver said just as he pulled up to the front of the studio. "I hope he loves you just as much."

"I think he does." You answered, giving the nice man a healthy tip. Taking your suitcase, you stepped up to the security office, smiling at the familiar guard stationed there.

"Miss Y/N! We weren't expecting you! Shall I buzz Jensen, let him know you're here?" He asked you as you signed in.

"I'd like it to be a surprise." You told him, stepping past him as he let you inside. Leaving your suitcase with him, you began the trek through the snow, your hands shoved deep in your pockets to keep them warm.

Jensen's trailer soon came into view, the lights barely shining through the darkened windows. Ready to step forward, and try the door, you heard the unmistakable sounds of Christmas music being sang inside the trailer.

Jensen's voice was soft, but still carried through the trailer's walls, the guitar blending with it perfectly. It was your favorite Christmas song, one that you usually played on repeat until Jensen was on Christmas Break and at your side once again.

"I'll be home for Christmas." He sang.

With a smile on your face and snow melting in your hair, you opened the door of the trailer. His fingers paused on the guitar, as he looked to see who the intruder was. "Y/N?" He breathed out, laying the guitar beside him. "Am I dreaming?"

"Nope." You giggled. "I couldn't wait any longer to have your arms around me."

Rushing forward, he picked you up, swinging you around him as he held on tight. "I've missed you so much sweetheart."

Pressing his lips against yours, he just held you, both of you basking in the moment. Everything felt right now that you were with him again. It didn't matter that it was freezing outside, or that he still had a couple days of work left. You were together, and that made you happy. "I heard you singing." You whispered to him, as the two of you sat down on the couch. "Christmas music. I thought you hated Christmas music."

"I used to. But it reminds me of you. How much you love it. Even playing it before Thanksgiving." He teased. "I guess I was just missing you, and I thought I would learn your favorite song. Try to surprise you."

"Can you sing it again?" You asked him, reaching down and picking up his guitar.

Strumming a couple of chords, he seemed shy, almost nervous to sing in front of you. "Are you sure? I haven't really practiced much."

"Please! I came all the way up here to be with you. The least you could do is sing me a song." You bantered back, turning silent when the first words slipped past his lips.

He had a beautiful voice. True with an edge to it. It matched perfectly with the song, and you found yourself entranced. Sure, he might have missed a chord once or twice, but it was still absolutely beautiful, and you threw yourself into his arms the second he was down. "Thank you, J., It was absolutely perfect."

"But I messed up." He argued, and you placed a finger against his lips, stopping him.

"But it was you. And my favorite song. So it was perfect." You insisted.

Placing the guitar down, he turned back to you. "Listen, I'm done filming for the day. How about we get out of here, and head back to my apartment. We can curl up in front of the fire, and listen to professionals sing Christmas music?"

"I think that sounds like the best night ever." You agreed, happy that you had made the decision to make the trip.