Red Meat

Sam x Reader

"Dean, no!" You sobbed, ripping his hands from your shirt, turning away from him. "I can't leave him."

Your knees buckled, as you fell next to Sam's lifeless body, tears pouring down your cheek, soaking his flannel shirt. You couldn't control the emotions that ran through you. Sam was gone, and there was nothing left for you in this world. You couldn't go on with Dean and those other two people while Sam's body laid forgotten here. You couldn't leave his side.

"Y/N, we've got to go. You're hurt, and they need a hospital too. I don't like this either, but it's the only thing we can do." Dean argued, his voice full of anguish. You knew this was hurting him as much as it was hurting you, but your pain riddled mind couldn't process anything other than the fact that your heart was shattered, and you were done with life if it didn't include Sam.

"No!" You screamed when he tried to pull you away from Sam once again.

"Man, leave her!" The man exclaimed as he held up his pale wife. "If she doesn't want to go we can't force her. But my wife needs a hospital!"

Kneeling down next to you, Dean tilted your face up, and you were close enough to see the tears shimmering in his eyes. "Y/N, I've lost Sam. I can't lose you too. Please, come with us. We'll come back as soon as we drop them off and say our goodbyes."

"I can't." You cried. "You go and help them, I'll make sure nothing messes with him."

Dean was torn, you could see that. But you weren't budging. Sighing, he gently cupped your face. "I'll hurry up and get them to the hospital and then I'm coming right back. You need medical attention to."

Through bleary eyes you looked up at him, nodding silently. Groaning as he stood up, he turned to the couple, the man looking extremely happy that he had gotten his way. Ushering them outside, Dean turned again to look your way, and you watched the way his hands clenched. It had to be hard to see. His brother laying lifeless on the ground, blood covering his shirt, his face ashen. His best friend broken and bloody beside Sam, refusing to move to safety.

"Y/N..." Dean tried once again, but stopped when he realized you weren't listening anymore. Your hand was cupping Sam's, and you were whispering down to him.

It took you almost five minutes to realize you were finally alone with Sam. Alone in this little forgotten office in the woods, covered in dust. Alone with the one man who had been able to sneak into your heart, making you forget the reasons you had sworn off love. Reasons exactly such as this one.

"Sam, why?" You cried, brushing the hair back from his face. "You're so strong, this shouldn't have taken you down! Dean and I were outside for just a moment. You could have held on. What am I supposed to do without you? I don't think I can go on."

The pain in your heart worse than the claw marks scratched into your side, you curled into a ball, resting your head against his shoulder. Wishing you hadn't gone on this hunt to begin with. The three of you could still be at the bunker, enjoying gooey grilled cheese and watching cheesy comedy on Dean's laptop. But instead, you heard about hiker's missing, and you had to investigate.

When you had finally stumbled upon the cabin, the victim's still inside along with a couple werewolves, things quickly spiraled out of control. Fighting your own werewolf, you could only watch in shock as Sam's werewolf shot Sam. It had happened in slow motion, Sam looking shocked while Dean screamed out his name. You wanted nothing more than to race over to him, but claws digging into your belly made you remember the werewolf, and with a growl you slammed your silver blade straight into his heart.