"Luck was on my side that day, that's all I can say."

"But clearly not on mine, I would in fact like to live to see my graduation."

"We got another year and a half left, you should cross your fingers and hope for the best."

"I will, thank you very much."

After we get to his car, he takes me to my house, not forgetting to blast the radio on full volume as we sing our hearts out as if we could actually sing.

But hey, if two negatives equal a positive, then guess what that makes two horrendous singers...

When we pull up to my house, I find myself not wanting to get out, mainly because in the back of my mind, I knew that there was something that I couldn't keep to myself any longer.

Say it Amber, you might get brutally murdered after you say it, but at least your will have a clear conscience after death.

"I have to tell you something."

"There is something I need to tell you."

We both find ourselves saying at the same time. My eyes widen along with his as we both stare at each for a couple of seconds before bursting into a fit of laughter.

"W-wait mines a-actually important though." He says between laughs, holding his stomach.

"H-hey! Mine is too!" I say, wiping the tears that escaped my eyes from the sudden fit of laughter.

"Okay, how about this..." he takes a couple deep breathes to calm his laughter before looking back at me with a semi-serious expression.

"Hmm?"

"We say what we need to confess at the same time so it's easier to tell the other person."

"That sounds good... but you might freak out from mine." I say cautiously, knowing him like the back of my hand, I will not be leaving this car without him demanding every single detail.

"And you might freak out from mine... so we are even." He says.

His response kind of scares me because he is typically always straightforward with everything that is happening in his life.

"So on the count of three, we are going to shout it out, you ready?" I nod my head at his words, feeling the nerves starting to kick in.

I don't think I will be able to get out of this car alive. This may actually be the end of me.

"One."

Lord, prepare my entrance, I'll be there soon.

"Two."

Dad, I love you, thanks for always being there for me, I'm sorry I had to leave this way.

"Three"

"I almost had my first kiss."

...

"WHAT!"

"I know."

"Wait what!!! You already knew Damien and I almost-..."

He laughs at me, shaking his head, "he kinda spilled the beans after the bleacher kiss. That's why we got yelled at and had to do push-ups. But since you brought it up... WHERE is the Ambien Journal I FORGOT TO WRITE IT DOWN." He starts to lift up the center console and dig around it for the journal, but I was too much in a state of shock to realize.

"Well... technically we actually almost kiss twice..."

...

"HOLY F*CK ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!"

"Wait hold on...YOU almost kissed someone too? WHO?! Do I know him?!! How long has this been going on for?!" I ask, it took awhile to hit me, but now that it has, I couldn't help but stare at him in shock.

I didn't even know that he had been interested in someone lately, in fact I have been so caught up in my "love" life, I didn't consider the chance that maybe there is a Mr. someone in HIS life.

That's it... I'm a terrible best friend.

"Give me a second-... holy sh*t Amber you are going to give me cardiac arrest or somethin. I can't believe this is happening. I have waited years for this ship to sail and I'm not even the slightest bit prepared."

"Wait, I want to know about-..."

"Shhhh," he places his finger over my mouth, "we can talk about me in a second, you on the other hand got details to spill and an explanation to share. You better start now because I can already feel a scream forming at the back of my throat and it will not be the slightest bit pretty."

And for the next few minutes or so, I find myself telling him all about the two times that we almost kissed. The first being in the bleachers and the second being in his car.

When I finally finished, I sit back in my seat, wanting to here about his almost first kiss.

"I guess I should tell you who it was almost with first..." he says, anxiously biting his lips.

"Hey don't be nervous with me now, I want to know the man who has turned my best friend into a blushing mess."

He tries to hide his red face with his hands, which is almost weird to see because usually I am the one who is trying to cover up a blush when the topic is about Damien.

"I almost kissed Zander."

Hey guys!!

Liam pov next chapter!

I promise that I will try to not make it a long wait! It is finally Christmas break and I can now get some free time to take time to plan and write out these chapters.

I'll try my best I promise!!

I love you!!

~juls