Epilogue

Amber's pov:

Here, in my very own home, I could only just stare in horror at the view in front of me.

It was pretty brutal, and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't quite scared from my spot on the other side of the room.

And as if nothing was happening, Damien kisses the side of my head while throwing an arm around my shoulder.

Is he not seeing the same thing that I'm seeing?

"Shouldn't we do something?" My voice trails off as I look up at Damien, who was trying to hide back a grin.

"Don't worry, stuff like this happens all the time." He shrugs his shoulders, taking a sip of his water while looking ahead at the scene before us.

"Are you sure?" I ask, flinching as a wooden spoon gets thrown across my house and into the hallway leading out of the kitchen.

To be more specific, my dad's wooden spoon.

He's not going to be too happy about that.

Damien stares down at the spoon, and I can sense that he is debating with himself with whether or not he should step in.

...

Or maybe he was just wondering how the spoon isn't broken by now.

"How many times do I have to tell you, IT WASN'T READY YET you greedy, little-..." A surprisingly calm Ashton covers Julie's mouth with his hand before she could finish her sentence.

What a pity.

"Oh c'mon, she was just getting to the good part of her scolding!" Zander whines, earning an eye roll from Ashton.

"Yeah seriously, it's not like she's going to swear anyways," Gianna nudges Ashton, "let her offend my boyfriend!"

"Gianna! You are supposed to be on my side." Jake stomps his foot, causing the rest of us to chuckle from his childish actions.

"Well maybe if your crusty-ass hands didn't get into the cookie dough then maybe I would be a bit kinder." She says, crossing her arms over her chest.

"But babe... it's cookie dough! You can't just leave it out on the counter and expect me not to eat it!" He argues, throwing his arms up in defense.

From the other side of the kitchen, Julie pulls Ashton's hand from her mouth, "It wasn't just sitting out!!! I was rolling them into balls to make the cookies!!"

"How was I supposed to know-..." Jake wasn't even able to finish his sentence as the sight of Julie whipping out my Dad's spatula scares him into silence.

"Dang Ashy, you got yourself a feisty one." Zander laughs, watching as Ashton tries to take the spatula from Julie, just like how he did with the wooden spoon.

"You're telling me." Ashton says, trapping Julie between his arms in attempt to grab the spatula, but it was no use because she puts the spatula underneath her shirt.

"Hah, you can't get it now!"

"You say that as if we haven't-..."

"Children you two! We have children!!" Luke says, pointing at Damien and I as if we were actual children.

As if he wasn't one year older than us.

As if Damien and I haven't done anything already.

"Oh trust me, they aren't so-..." My glare stops Liam from continuing his sentence, knowing that if he continues, Julie won't be the only one using kitchen utensils as weapons tonight.