Baby

Amber's pov:

I walk down the hallway and towards the library where Damien wanted to meet up for study hall.

The library is probably one of the only places in the school that a lot of students don't tend to go to.

I've always liked that because it's the only part of my day where I can get some privacy, not even the school bathrooms can provide that.

Each step I take towards the library, I couldn't help but feel more and more butterflies swarming in my stomach.

I can't wait to see him.

Even though I literally spent almost all evening with him yesterday and talked to him over text this morning, it's crazy how I just can't get enough of him.

But the heart wants what it want I guess.

Walking into the library, I look around for any sight of Damien, but to my dismay I couldn't find him.

He probably isn't here yet.

Not wanting to stand around the entrance like a lost new kid, I make my way towards the back of the library to look around for a bit.

I quickly shoot Damien a text letting him know I was in the back before making my way towards the romance section.

Can you blame me?

Scanning the books, my eyes come to a halt as I spot a book from one of my favorite authors. Her name was HoneyJewelz and to this day she remains an iconic queen.

As I was about to flip through the book, a hand on my shoulder scares me, causing the book to drop from my hands.

"HOLY-..." a hand covers my mouth before I was able to say a very inappropriate language word.

Turning around, I am met with the mischievous eyes of Damien who doesn't even give me the time of day to speak before pulling me into his tight embrace.

Still stunned from the scare, I don't react as his head quickly finds it's way into my neck.

"Did I scare you?" He giggles after holding me against his chest for a couple seconds, swaying us back and forth.

"Yes." I pout, relaxing in his warm embrace.

"Sorry baby, I won't do it again." It takes a second to process his words, but once I do, by body stiffens and my cheeks turn a bright red.

"B-baby?" I blush, clearing my throat in attempt to hide my sudden nervousness around him.

He pulls away and attempts to look at my face, but feeling a little bit shy, I quickly look away.

"Yes, that's my new nickname for you because you are my baby." He chuckles, and grabbing my chin, he slowly turns my head to look at his twinkling eyes.

"I-If anyone is the b-baby it's you." I turn into a stuttering mess from the adoring look that he was giving me. He bites his lip in attempt to hold back a laugh from my words, but the action only gave me butterflies and very... explicit thoughts.

"If that's what you think." He winks before taking my hand in his and leading me towards the small sofa in the corner of the library.

Once we are seated and I am able to get my racing heart under control, I turn towards him, "So everything is alright now? With Luke?" I ask.

He nods his head before giving me a small, comforting smile, "I believe so, he apologized for how he acted and for not apologizing sooner. He explained that he wasn't really that angry with me to begin with, he was just so angry at Annabelle that he couldn't think before speaking. Although he did tell me that he understood that it was my decision on who I wanted to tell, I could still sense the small amount of hurt in his voice. I know you told me that I shouldn't feel like this is my fault, but I still can't help but feel a little guilty for not telling him. He's one of my best friends, and in a way, I made him feel like someone who I don't feel comfortable speaking about personal things too."