I Tell Him

Amber's pov:

"We should probably head back." I say, pushing him away from me by his chest.

"Do we have to?" Damien pouts, giving me his signature puppy dog eyes.

As if he didn't just pin me to a tree and-...

"I don't want the others to worry about us, we've been away for awhile now." I start to walk back in the direction that we came from, but he takes a hold of my hand and stops me.

"Just five more minutes."

I couldn't help but laugh as I turn back towards him to see his whiny expression. Ruffling his hair with my free hand, he watches me silently as I shake my head at him with amusement dancing in my eyes.

In my years of day dreaming on what it would be like to be in a relationship with Damien, I always assumed that I would be the lovesick puppy.

Turns out I was wrong.

"We can still talk once we get back with the others, you are acting like we won't see each other if we go back." He frowns at my words, clearly disagreeing on what I was try to say.

He's cute.

But what I was saying was true. We've been away for about an hour now, and I would feel bad if they started to worry. They told us not to be gone for too long, but needless to say we got a little... distracted.

And not to say any names... but it was definitely Damien's fault.

Him and his distracting kisses.

"We might not! They might pull you away, especially the girls. You guys and your girl talks-- jeez sometimes they just keep going on and on and on and on-..." Damien's words are cut short as I give a soft peck to his lips.

The small action causes Damien's cheeks to turn a bright shade of pink as he looks away in embarrassment, "W-What was that for?"

"To stop you from talking, silly."

He scrunches his nose, "Well it worked."

"Indeed it did." I giggle poking his forehead, to which he swats away.

After knowing Damien for quite some time now, I had to admit that his duality was quite something else. One minute he is all shy and soft, but the next he is flirty and confident. It amazes me how he can stutter and blush from a small kiss but yet confidently pin me to a tree.

The guy is crazy, but I think I might be crazier for him.

I've never wanted to be constantly around someone as much as I do with Damien, and although that usually happens to new couples, I didn't realize the extent of it.

And if I'm being completely honest...

It's quite scary.

Ever since my Mom's death, the only two people who I've kept close in my life were my dad and Liam. Safe to say they were my home, comfort and safety.

Having all these new people in my life, especially Damien, is something that I still have yet to get used to.

And to do that, I have to let them in.

...

I'm ready.

"Damien, can we talk about something real quick before we head back?" I ask.

He nods his head slowly, taking in my sudden change of mood.

"Of course, is everything okay?" He asks, taking both of my hands in his and using his thumbs to softy caress over the skin.