Pockets

Aphmau, Garroth, and Laurence followed me closely as we walked the rickety path. When we reached the village border, Asmund was there waiting for us. "Ah, there you guys are! I was beginning to worry that you had been gotten by the imps on the way."

"No worry," Aphmau reassured him. "We just needed to have a quick discussion before coming."

"Come inside my home, please. You all look frozen like an iceberg."

We all welcomed his offer with open arms and stepped in. Garroth and Laurence pulled me to the side while Aphmau talked to Asmund's wife. "Are you sure this is the best idea?"

"Positive Laurence. Besides, think about who we have on our side. I know they are a warrior tribe but I swear to you that they won't mess with me."

Garroth and Laurence glanced at each other. "And how are we supposed to trust you?"

"You'll have to take my word for now because I'm not explaining in someone else's home." I glared back at them before Asmund's wife walked over.

"You three may go sit with your friend over there. I'm getting you all nice warm clothes." She pointed to Aphmau before smiling kindly and walking off.

We walked over; Laurence and I sat down on either side of Aphmau and Garroth stood on the other side of Laurence. "This 'Ru'uan' region that you all come from I have never heard of. Even with the recent ability to travel we've gained."

"What does that mean?" Aphmau asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

"I'm afraid we cannot help you get back on track. I'm sorry."

The boys straightened out at the revelation. I kept my cool, knowing exactly where this was going next. "W-What? What d-do you mean?!" Aphmau exclaimed.

"There is no way to get you back to where you were going. You are stuck on this island." He stopped and gave us all pitying looks. "Well... I suppose..." Asmund trailed off rubbing his beard in thought.

"You suppose what?" Aphmau questioned, a bit too desperate.

"Well, I suppose that there is someone you could turn to and ask for help. The Demon Warlock has never failed to send someone off but he's not the nicest."

They all gave him curious looks. " What... do you mean?" Laurence asked.

"Well, young man, the Demon Warlock is a demon on this island that our tribe has been trying to hunt down for a long time. He is the one who controls the imps." At this knowledge, Laurence and Garroth give me a look that reads 'Really?!' I look away. "However he is quite difficult to find; we have been looking for him for years and have not succeeded in finding him. We are also not going to get involved beyond this. You need to find him on your own."

"We can find him ourselves. Is there anywhere we could start?" Laurence affirmed.

Asmund sighed before taking a deep breath. "Not that anyone in the tribe is aware. The only clue we have is that he is indeed trapped on this island. I'm also afraid we cannot help with supplies either. Clothes would be the only thing anyone here could spare at the moment. You can ask my wife for help with that." With that Asmund sent us on our way.

Aphmau, Garroth, and Laurence all stopped to talk with Asmund's wife; I took this opportunity to walk off. I was back at the boat in no time and Lucinda, Katelyn, and Aaron were all still waiting there. "You're back early. Where are the others?" Katelyn asked.

"Back talking to Asmund's wife. Getting clothes, I believe."

"Why are you here then?" Lucinda raised an eyebrow.

I looked around at the forest and narrowed my eyes at the sight of smoke, away from the village. "This forest, hell, this WHOLE island doesn't feel right."

"What do-"

And that was when Aaron got cut off. There were several imps that attacked the boat. We warded them off as best as we could but eventually, Aaron got knocked out, I got hurt, Lucinda was too worried about me to help, and Katelyn got distracted by an imp that turned into Jeffery.

Time Skip

The first thing I noticed was the sounds around me. There were the sounds of fire, lava, and... imps. I could hear steady breathing next to me. I opened my eyes, very well knowing that I cannot hide anything from him. "You're awake? Already?" He asked.

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes with a glare. "You have nothing to gain from pretending to be kind to me." I looked around a little before realizing it was Lucinda next to me.

He smiled maniacally. "Three auras?" My eyes widened and I glared at him. "I kidnapped two women, not three..." He pretended to think, which made me growl.

"There is absolutely no need for you to play these games! What do you want?!" I shouted angrily; I crossed my arms and legs too.

"I am playing no games with you," he said. "However, I am playing games with that little Irene. She has no idea how to even use her power, does she? And you aren't going to be able to move without the threat of my imps."

The Demon Warlock's words sunk in and his cackling subsided into the background as I fell into my thoughts. He's right. I'm surrounded by imps and Aphmau doesn't know how to use her power. Best case scenario, she uses them by accident. Even then I don't know if she'll be strong enough to defeat him. Worst case scenario...

My thoughts trailed off and I noticed his laughter stopped. Lucinda stirred next to me as I looked around for him. He's probably somewhere far off in his little pocket dimension. "Y/N? Where are we? What happened?" Lucinda asked, gripping her head.

I hugged her and whispered, "We were captured by my 'friend' on this island. There's no way for us to get out safely."

Lucinda sat up straight and held my arms. "Is the baby ok?"

"Yes." I nodded. "The baby is fine but he knows about it, and will most likely try to use it to his advantage. If he threatens you with hurting me, don't do what he asks. I'll be fine."

"You'll be fine?!" Lucinda exclaimed, her eyes widening. "You'll be hurt! And the baby most likely would be too!"

I lightly smiled. "I'm glad you're worried about me, but I can handle myself, even while I'm pregnant." We both leaned back and sighed unanimously. I hope someone, or someones, can come to get us soon.