He What?!

I am once again apologizing for this taking so long. Most of these chapters were worked on during my Christmas break, but this one and the next were written after, during January. It is currently January 9, 2021. (So you know in case I don't get this posted anytime soon.)

When Aphmau entered with a man I couldn't recognize by appearance, but instead, by his aura, I knew exactly who she had found. Or at least who he was related to. I figured that Enki would no longer be alive but I didn't really want to believe it. It is definitely a good thing that he had children to carry on his legacy.

The preceding fight was... interesting to say the least. Lucinda was asleep when Aphmau and the white-haired boy came in. The boy spoke to the Demon Warlock with familiarity and it honestly didn't surprise me. They were far enough away that I couldn't hear what they were saying but when the Demon Warlock hit Aph, I was about ready to jump up and go attack him. But the imps approached me first. "I wouldn't want to try that miss." The one right next to me hissed.

"Yeah. If you do, you might not like what happens." Another hissed out as well. The group around me cackled and giggled like a pack of hyenas.

I reluctantly relaxed back onto the ground next to Lucinda. The air became really tense and I was becoming more and more worried about Aphmau. The white-haired boy turned part demon and tried to confront the Demon Warlock. But then the Demon Warlock hit the white-haired boy and sent him flying into a stone cliff a decent ways away from Aphmau.

I was about to stand up without hesitation but Aphmau's eyes turned white and pure white wings sprouted from her back. She held a glowing blue sword that I recognized oh so well. White particles surrounded her as she pierced her sword into the Demon Warlock, the point of it protruding through his back. His physical form successfully destroyed. "You... You actually destroyed my physical form..." He stumbled on his words. "Though I wonder..." He began, the irritating confidence returning to his voice. "Did you kill me with your own will or was it because your power overwhelmed you?"

"It doesn't matter." Aphmau scowled. "Give me back my friends."

"Very well." His tone made me suspicious.

"Wait... really?"

His spirit form shifted, almost like he shrugged. "It was never my intention to keep them forever. I simply wanted to meet the power source I felt from long away. It intrigued me. Besides, this is not the last time we'll meet, little angel."

His minions stepped away at his words, finally letting me stand without worry or punishment, and he disappeared shortly after. I gently picked up Lucinda and walked over to Aph. Her face was pale and she looked as if she was going to be sick. "Are you ok?" I asked as I approached, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah..." She hesitated. "I'm fine." We both walked over to the white-haired boy, still unconscious on the floor. "How are we going to get out? Travis was the one who was going to get us out." His name is Travis? Good to know.

I looked around and Lucinda shifted slightly. "I'm not quite sure. I've never been to one of his pocket dimensions before." Just as Aphmau was about to respond, there was a flash of light and we were suddenly out in the snow. Aaron was standing next to Aphmau, Travis was leaning against a tree, and I was standing in front of a closing portal, Lucinda still in my arms.

"Thank you," Aphmau said.

I turned around to find Aaron staring at me. He turned away and replied, "It's nothing." I watched a relic dissipate from his hand. So he used a relic to get us out... Interesting...

Aphmau walked over to Travis and lightly pushed on his shoulder. "Hey, wake up!"

He stirred and his arm slowly raised to grip his head. "Wait, where are we?"

"Back on the island," Aphmau replied. "A friend of mine got us out."

He used to tree to steady himself as he stood up. "What about the Demon Warlock? He-He just let you go?"

Aphmau glanced back at me before answering. "Well... I destroyed his physical form and then he just... let us go."

Time Skip

We got back to the little village in due time. It was there that I found out Katelyn had been hurt badly. Even Lucinda was in worse shape than I had thought. I thought she was just sleeping, but it turns out she had been 'sedated', for lack of a better word, by the Demon Warlock. I was curious as to why, but I knew I would probably never get an answer. It was most likely to keep me more willing to listen. If Lucinda was weak and vulnerable, then I would be less likely to perform something reckless.

"Are you sure you're fine?" Aphamu asked me for the billionth time. Travis was sitting in a chair nearby getting his arm bandaged up; there was a big gash, presumably from the cliff wall he hit. Lucinda and Katelyn are both sleeping in a few of the beds.

"I'm fine Aph." I turned back to the window. "If I wasn't I'd be asking for help. Besides, the Demon Warlock isn't stupid. To anger you by hurting me is like asking for a death wish. And he knows enough about me to know I am not going to let him get away with hurting me."

"How do you know the Demon Warlock?" Travis piped into our conversation.

I turned and looked at him. Then I looked at Aph and raised an eyebrow; she shook her head. Looking back at Travis I replied, "That does not concern you."

"Well-" Aphmau began but she was cut off.

"It does, in fact, concern me. I am the protector of this island, even if they don't know it, and I keep him in check; this duty passed down to me by my mother."

"Can you-"

I squinted, even though he couldn't see it. "Your mother was very kind to watch over this island, as are you. However, the matters that describe how I know of the Demon Warlock do not pertain to you. Nor shall they ever." My formal way of speaking returned to my voice as I became increasingly irritated.

"Please stop!" Aphmau raised her voice slightly, catching both of our attentions. "The two of you have very peculiar situations regarding the Demon Warlock. Travis," She began making him look to her. "Your relationship with him is difficult to explain and you should be the one to explain it. However, there is information about me that I am not ready to share yet that will explain how the two of us know him."

Travis nodded slightly as I turned back to the window. "Aph, please do not say my name around him. I am not ready for him to know. And that will go for everyone else too." I turned and quickly left the building before she could even get a word in.

I was about out of the village before Laurence and Garroth caught up to me. "Where are you going?" Laurence asked, suspicion lacing his voice.

"I need to go on a little walk to blow off some steam." I ran my hand through my H/L H/C hair.

They shared a glance of curiosity. "Right after you got kidnapped?" Garroth asked. "I don't really think you should be doing that."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes of course. Cause I'm definitely one of those prissy pink princesses that can't defend herself."

"I didn't-"

I put my hand up to stop him. "No. I am going on this walk, ALONE, whether you like it or not." The authority returning to my voice.

"No, you are not." Aaron snuck up behind me and spoke with the same amount of authority.

"Oh?" I ask raising my eyebrow and glaring. They couldn't see the glare but when they all shifted uncomfortably I could tell they knew I was angry. "And when did you get to decide what I can and can not do?" I leaned on one of my hips and crossed my arms.

"When your brother put me in charge of your safety." He stated flatly and my arms dropped.

"He what?!" Garroth, Laurence, and I all exclaimed at the same time.

Aaron nodded. "He entrusted me with your safety. So you aren't going to be going anywhere alone anymore."

I shoved past Aaron, hitting his shoulder, before drawing my sword. "Well then, let's see how good you are at keeping up." I rushed off into the thickest part of the little forest and climbed up into the trees before continuing my movement toward the other side of the island. Aaron is quick and cunning, however, I don't think he'll be able to keep up with me when I am so determined to get far away.