Angry Guards

I heard everyone run up into the tree house and quickly climb the ladder to find us there. Aphmau was still passed out and I was beginning to get worried. There were even tears streaming down my face. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! YOU SCARED ALL OF US!" Laurence yelled at me.

When I didn't respond, I felt Aaron's aura march up behind me and turn me around. Before he could say what he was going to say, surprise took over and forced him to release me. I just stood there looking at him with tears streaming down my face. "You-Your shadows... They're gone..." He backed up so everyone else could see. I turned to them with tears still running down my face. Everyone was surprised, to say the least.

At this moment I see Vylad above in the branches. He takes notice of me crying and jumps down and rushes over to me. The guys draw their swords at the sudden 'intruder'. He lightly holds my face with both of his hands. "Shade what's wrong?" He looked worried.

"I gave the orb to her 3 hours ago and she still hasn't woken up."

"How is that an issue? You took 6 hours to wake up." Laurence asked. I kept my eyes on Vylad though.

"Well, it takes longer for someone who isn't Irene to relive the memory. But she should have woke up 2 hours ago. The memory wasn't this long." I sniffled and wiped some tears from my eyes. "So unless the orb didn't show me something, there is something definitely wrong." Vylad released me and nodded as if reading my mind. "I'm sorry." Before they could ask anything else I teleported myself and Vylad out of the tree.

As soon as I took in my new surroundings, I fell to the ground and just cried. I felt Vylad lightly place one of his hands on my shoulder. "Do you want me to carry you?"

"Where will we be going?" I sniffled while wiping my tears from my cheeks.

Vylad pondered for a moment before responding. "To a cave that I hide out in."

Vylad picked me up like a bride and then preseeded to walk towards a mountain. "How far will we be from Phoenix Drop?"

"Just a teleport away." He smiled brightly down at me.

I let out a sad laugh. "You know she said that to me once."

"She did?"

"Yeah... I sometimes find myself laughing at anyone's jokes only because they were said by Irene once." I smiled at the memories. Vylad took a quick glance at me. I could have sworn that I saw a very faint blush rise to his cheeks.

Aphmau's POV

I woke up and looked around to find Shade nowhere to be seen and everyone looking stunned. I slowly sat up causing everyone to look in my direction. "Aphmau!" Katelyn ran over and hugged me.

"Where's Shade?" I asked, slight tiredness lingering in my voice.

"She um... teleported away with an unknown man." Laurence rubbed his arm like he was afraid of telling me this.

"I-I need to talk with her about the m-memory." I tried to stand up but ended up falling back onto the bed. "Please go f-find her this is u-urgent."

"See that's the issue..." Garroth nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "She is nowhere in the village. We all checked."