Savior

I awoke to find Laurence sitting in a chair next to my bed. I looked down at my waist and saw bandages. So she doesn't know how to control her healing powers either... I sat up and Laurence stirred. "Oh, you're awake."

"Yeah... I just woke up." I focused. In town square. Ok, so she's still in the village. "How's our lady?"

"She is extremely worried for you. It's almost like she forgot what you've done and how you got your infamous title." He stopped. "I wasn't going to help you at all until I saw how worried Aph was over your injury."

"Well, it wasn't mine first." I paused the hit the wall behind me with my fist. "Damn it. This never would have happened if it wasn't for me getting distracted."

"What do you mean?"

I took a deep breath. "Well, Lillian, Zane's right hand, showed up at the gates impersonating someone I am dear friends with. We had a little 'chat' and then she told me that she had gotten me distracted. I turned my head to see Aphmau on the ground with a stab wound in her side. I told Lillian a message for Zane then ran here with Aphmau. And well I think you know what happens afterward." I looked to the ground. "I guess that it is also important to mention, Zane will be arriving in a few days to speak with me. As I do not wish to go to O'Kahsis."

Just as Laurence was about to ask something Aphmau came climbing up the ladder. "Is she-" She stopped at the sight of me sitting up. She rushed over with a joyous expression. "Shade! Are you ok?" She ran to the other side of the bed and lightly set her hands on top of my arm. I froze and didn't even realize it, but I teleported to a few feet away from the bed standing now.

The moment my body realized what was happening, I fell down. Before I hit the ground, I caught myself with magic. So it just appeared that I was sitting on air. "Woah! What did you do?" Aphmau asked.

"I fell so I caught myself with shadows. Here I'll make it visible." I cast a spell that made the shadows I was sitting on visible. So now it looked like I was sitting on a cloud of black mist.

"Can you stand?" Laurence asked as he walked over to me.

"In the state that I am in? No. But I have an idea that will help me balance right now. You just have to promise me that you won't freak out."

"We promise," Aphmau said as she helped me off my cloud of shadow. It disappeared the moment my feet hit the ground.

I shut my eyes and focused on transforming. I could feel a burning sensation on my back and my clothes change.

 I could feel a burning sensation on my back and my clothes change

Laurence took a step back as I straightened myself upwards. I could stand perfectly fine now but I also know it probably broke Laurence's trust in me. "You're the..." He stopped as Aphmau turned to him with utter confusion.

"Yes, Laurence. I am the Shadow Angel. Savior of all dark beings. There is a reason Irene nicknamed me Shadress."

"Well if you're going to walk through-"

I cut Aphmau off. "Like this? HA! No. We'll teleport to your house."

"What?" Laurence looked surprised.

"Stand still." I snapped my fingers and we were in her living room. My wings folded against my body. Like they were hugging me. I sat down on Aphmau's couch then changed back.