Home

Chapter 2 of 6. I have been working like crazy the last few days to make sure all of these chapters look good. ^w^ (Written before Christmas of 2020.)

Your POV

They walked through the gates as I hesitated. I took a deep breath and then stepped through the gates of Scaleswind, my outfit automatically changing. I had on a black leather jacket, S/F/C jeans, and a(n) F/C color shirt. The combat boots I wore a few weeks ago were on too. (You can imagine the hair. I was too lazy to think of it.) I had shadows back over my face and a sword holder on my right hip. It held my shadow sword. The group was a bit ahead of me and I started to walk rapidly to catch up when someone screamed.

The group turned back towards the scream to see a bunch of people loudly talking and pointing in my direction. The crowd of people went indoors or flinched away from me. I kept walking, keeping my head high. I caught up to them as they stared at me. "Are you gonna keep walking or are you gonna stare all day?" I inquired as I passed them.

When we finally made it to Nicole's house, some guards were leaving in an almost hurried manner. They didn't pay any of us mind as we walked through towards Nicole. We found Nicole in the dining hall. She was bending over the table looking at a large map. It seemed to make her stressed.

I hung back by the door, as did Aaron, but the rest walked up to the table to get her attention. "Nicole?" Aphmau asked hesitantly.

Nicole lifted her head. "Aphmau!" She exclaimed. "It's so good to see you! What are you doing here?"

"We have come to ask if you would like to join our alliance," Garroth spoke as he walked up beside Aphmau.

"An alliance? Why would Phoenix Drop need an alliance?" Nicole stood up straight.

"We were getting prepared in case any looming threats like O'Kahsis or Tu'La were to attack." Laurence continued.

"I would love to join but it'll have to be after I get this issue sorted out," Nicole said looking back at the map. I squinted to see if I could tell what it was. From what I can see, it looks to be a map of Scaleswind.

"What would that issue be?" Aph asked, also turning towards the map.

"There were reports of The Shaderess being spotted in the village. We need to detain her for all of the troubles she's caused and to not send panic into the village."

"I thought we were on good terms, Lord Nicole." She looked up at me with surprise before sliding her hand towards her gauntlets. Everyone faced me.

I pushed off the door and walked to the other end of the table, across from Nicole. "We were before we got wind of all the things you've done recently." She slid her gauntlets on and seemed prepared to fight.

I put my hands up lazily, then sneered, "If you knew what I went through, I'm sure you would have done the same. It's not like my reaction was uncalled for." Lucinda looked away guiltily. "Besides, it's not in your best interest to fight a guard of Phoenix Drop right now." I slowly let my hands fall to my sides.

"Y-You're a guard of Phoenix Drop?" Nicole's stance faltered.

I nodded. "Yes, she is," Aphmau spoke looking to Nicole. "It's a bit of a long story to tell, but the basis is she has been my guard for a long time. Anyone I care about, as well as myself, are protected in her hands."

Nicole sighed and her stance dropped completely. She slid her gauntlets off as she spoke. "Then I guess I shall return to good terms with you. However, I wish for you to remain out of sight for the rest of your stay here."