The Voyage Begins

2 months and 3 weeks since Zane took you.

"Come give me a hand!" Aphmau yelled out. She was loading a box onto the ship we would be taking. It would be the last thing that needs to be loaded and then we would be on our way to the island. The only other thing we would need is the boys, as they're taking FOREVER to get ready!

Lucinda, Aphmau, and I were loading up some last-minute things while waiting, but we didn't think the guys would take this long. I was about to stomp over to the guard tower and tell them to hurry their asses up when I got very nauseous out of nowhere.

Aphmau's POV

Lucinda was helping me load up the last box onto the boat when Y/N started walking down and away from the dock. I know how mad she has been over the guys not getting ready fast enough. Y/N was probably going to yell at them. She was almost off the dock when she suddenly bent over and threw up over the side. "Y/N!" Lucinda hurried down the dock and held her hair out of the way. (If your hair is too short to do that, then she just put her hand on your back.) They were whispering back and forth for a little bit until Lucinda lightly held her elbow and helped her walk back towards the boat.

"Y/N? Are you ok?"

Lucinda helped her sit down. "Yeah. I'm fine, Aphmau. Just a little uneasy."

"Are you sure? You just threw up over the side. If we need to hold-"

"There's no need," Lucinda interjected. "She's just a little unwell. After Y/N gets some rest, she should be just fine. And she can get that rest on the boat while we are on our way there."

I was about to protest when the guys finally came walking down the dock towards us.

Your POV

"FINALLY!" I yelled at them. "I was about to go yell at you for taking so long."

"I'm surprised you didn't. What stopped you then?" Laurence teased.

I was about to answer when Lucinda answered for me. "She unexpectedly got sick. I was about to go get you for her when you came down. We're going to continue with the journey, Y/N is just going to get some rest on the way."

Lucinda, Laurence, Aaron, and Garroth all got on the boat, probably to get acquainted with it and get on board and ready. Aphmau held me back though. "Sick? Weren't you sick like 2 weeks ago?" I was quickly coming up with some lies when Katelyn hurried down the dock.

"The meeting ended much sooner than I thought. So I can go with you." Katelyn helped me get on the boat, cause I almost fell, and Aphmau reluctantly got on not long after.

Time Skip

We were truly out in the middle of nowhere when Katelyn got seasick and threw up over the side of the boat. "It feels nice to not be the only sick person on the boat anymore." I joked as she laid down on the bed not too far away from mine.

"Oh haha. Very funny." Her eyes closed due to the motion of the boat but I could tell by her sarcastic tone that if she could open them, she would've rolled her eyes.

We talked for a while, either one of us occasionally getting up to be sick over the side of the boat. Most of what we had talked about were experiences while being a guard. There were some other topics: Aphmau, Pheonix Drop, and even a small bit about Zane.

"Yeah, he can be a bit of an asshole. But he is still the number 2 guard so I have to listen to him." Katelyn spoke of Laurence in a somewhat harsh tone.

I smiled a little. "It sucks for you that you have to listen to him and Garroth."

"Yeah ok, Ms. I wOrK aLoNe."

Through my laughter, I managed to say, "It's just because I'm technically not a guard of Phoenix Drop." I was laughing so hard I swore I was about to cry.

"What's with all the laughter?" Lucinda suddenly asked.

I couldn't stop laughing long enough to answer though. "We were just talking about a memory of mine when I said something sarcastically and she started laughing."

I calmed down while Katelyn explained and it gave me the ability to see the glint in Lucinda's eye. Katelyn suddenly turned a bit green before rushing out. "Mood swings?" Lucinda asked with a smirk.

Time Skip

After talking to Lucinda and Katelyn for a bit longer, I went to sleep. The next thing I know, we're 'docking' on a very snowy island. More like we very violently crashed. Lucinda helped me up from below and I could immediately tell where we were. "So he could sense it from that far away? Interesting..." I mumbled under my breath.

Lucinda was still helping to hold me up when the people from the Enki Warrior Tribe approached our boat, swords drawn. Everyone else drew their swords too. "There's an imp with them. They must all be imps!" The man at the front shouted.

I forgot that at least one imp would look like me. Lightly shaking Lucinda's grip from my arm, I stepped forward. "I can assure you that I am no imp." The others seemed a little shocked that I knew what they were talking about.

"That is exactly what an imp would say! How are we supposed to trust you?" The same man spoke from before.

I placed my left hand on my stomach lightly. "I am aware that you have imps that run around this island that look like me. However, I am the person they imitated, not another copy."

Their swords dropped slightly but they still weren't convinced. The man at the front, which I am now certain is the leader, narrowed his eyes as he talked. "All of this is something an imp would say to gain our trust. If you really are the person they imitate, tell us something that no imp could know."

"How about I do something no imp can do instead?" With a wave of my hand, I covered my face in shadows once more. "No imp has access to my magic. If I really wasn't the person they imitate, I wouldn't have been able to do this."

Their stances dropped immediately. "My apologies." The leader bowed slightly. "I was not aware someone of such high power was here." The others looked at me suspiciously. I was going to be bombarded by questions when this was over. "My name is Asmund, son of Eirik. I am the proud leader of the Enki Warrior Tribe. Tell me, why are you all here?"

"A sudden storm threw us off course and we crashed here." Aphmau stepped up beside me.

"You fell victim to the cursed sea, aye?" Asmund looked at his people, who seemed to understand what that meant, and they all left except for one. "I offer the safety of my village to you. It is quite dangerous to be out in the woods at night."

They walked off and Aphmau was about to rush off and follow them when I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back. "No need to rush," I told her as she opened her mouth to protest.

"Aphmau, I get that you want to be safe and all but you can't just rush off with people we barely know. Besides, we need some answers out of Y/N." Laurence accusingly glared at me.

I sighed and everyone else gathered around. Turning to Aphmau, I asked, "Remember when I told you that we're going to need to meet an old friend?" She nodded hesitantly. "They're here, on this island. And they control these imps Asmund spoke about. Imps are demon-like creatures that have the ability to shapeshift into a person they see. However, they can only take the form of what they see. If there is anyone that looks like me but you don't think is me, ask them to remove their shadows. You all know what my face looks like, the imps do not."

"Is that why you're keeping the shadows over your face, even after that demonstration?" Garroth asked with one eyebrow raised.

"Yes," I briefly answered.