Chapter 24

Anne's pov

  The doctor told us that Harry's cancer has gotten worse and I can not believe it. I was laying in the bed with Harry and I was holding onto him until the doctor got back into the room with the discharge papers. I filled them out we left. While we were walking out to the car I decided to call Jay.

"Hey how is Harry doing?" She asked when she picked up the phone.

  "He said his headache is better and we are leaving the hospital now." I tell her trying to keep my voice from breaking but I failed.

  "What's wrong I can tell you are crying. Is it about Harry?"

  "Yeah. The doctor said that it has gotten worse. They can't do anything about it now. I was told I can take him home so that we can spend time together before he passes. They said we only have about a month or two months left. I don't know how I am going to get through this."

  "Well all I can tell you is Lou and I will be here for you two the whole time. I finally got Louis to calm down and he went to sleep in Harry's room because he wore himself out. Do you want me to tell him or do you want to wait until Harry can tell him."

  "I think that Harry would want to tell him himself. I have to let you go so that I can drive. I will see you when we get to the house." I tell her before I hung up. I looked over at Harry and he was staring out the window blankly.

  "Hey how you feeling?" I ask him.

  "I'm fine. My headache is coming back though." He told me.

  "Okay we will stop to pick up your medicine that the doctor gave you for when you had a headache from the pharmacy before we head to our house." He nodded his head and I started to drive. We had been driving for five minutes before I heard his stomach growl. I realized that he had not had any breakfast this morning because we went straight to the doctor and it was almost one.

  "Hey do you want to stop for some food. You did not eat breakfast this morning and I can hear your stomach growl from here." I told him. I could see a small smile on his face but it quickly changed back to a blank expression.

  "Yeah I am kind of hungry but I feel sick so I don't know if I can keep the food down." He told me.

  "How about I get you a drink and some toast when we get home then." He nodded and I continued driving. When we got to the pharmacy I noticed that Harry was moving around a bit more than he was when we first got in the car. I also noticed that the color was returning to his face and he did not look as pale as he had when we left the doctor. I smiled a little because u knew that he must be feeling better now.

  "You look like you are feeling better than you were this morning." I told him.

  "Yeah I am. My stomach is not as upset and my headache is better than it was. It is tolerable now. Con we not tell Lou about this yet. I don't want to worry him anymore." He told me as I pulled out of the pharmacy parking lot.

  "Your going to have to tell him eventually. He is going to notice that you are getting sicker and sicker. Plus he is your boyfriend he is always going to be worried about you." I told him.

  "I know but I am just not ready to tell him yet."

  "I understand that but you do need to tell him sooner rather than later because the longer you wait before you tell him the worse he is going to react about it. I already told Jay about it and she did say she would wait to tell him until you were ready."

  "I know that I have to tell him soon but I am just not ready to tell him. His birthday was yesterday and to day is Christmas. It is a time to be happy not being sad. I want to wait at least a couple days." Ho told me and I understood what he ment by that.

  "Okay I agree with you. We can tell Jay that you are not ready to tell him yet and I am sure that she will understand." I told him. We were pulling in our neighborhood and u could see our house come into view. Jay and Louis were both waiting outside for us to get home. When I pulled in the driveway Louis ran up to the passenger side of the car and he opened the door.

  "Hey how you feeling Haz?" He asked Harry.

  "I am cold let's go inside." Harry said holding his arms out for Louis to pick him up. He wrapped his arms around Louis neck and his legs around his waist. I watched them go inside and I pulled Jay aside so that I could talk to her.

  "Hey before we go in there I wanted to tell you that Harry does not want to tell Louis about what is going in yet. He wants to wait at least a week because it is Christmas." I told her.

  "Well I will try my best to keep Lou from asked Harry about it. Come in let's go enjoy this Christmas I am sure that Louis is already asking Harry a lot of questions." Jay said while she was walking back to the house.

  Jay was right when we went into the house Louis was asking Harry what was wrong but Harry just told him that it was just a headache. I could see on Louis face that he was not buying it but he was not pushing it.

  "Het how about we hand out the presents then I will go in the kitchen and figure out something for dinner since I did not get to cook anything." I told them.

  We all sat down Jay and I were sitting on the couches while Louis and Harry were sitting on the floor. Louis had Harry sitting on his lap and Harry had his head laying on Louis shoulder.

  "Here I will hand out presents. It may be a little hard for you to open you presents with Harry sitting in your lap Lou." Jay said.

  "I don't care. I will have Harry help me open my presents." Louis told his mother. Jay handed Harry and Louis their first presents. They went through all of the ones that were sitting under the tree.

  "I think that is all of the presents." Jay said.

  "No I forgot to put Harry's present under the tree. Mom can you please run to get it. I have it in the top of my closet." Louis said.

  "Yeah I will go grab it. You want to come with me Anne?" Jay asked me.

  "Yeah I will walk over there with you." I told her rising from the couch. We walked over to her house and up to Louis room.

  "I am sorry with how messy his room is I have been after him about cleaning it but he won't." She told me.

  "It's not that bad. I understand that a boys room is going to be messy. I am lucky that Harry cleans is room once a week." I told her.

  "Well maybe Louis should spend more time with Harry. Harry might start to rub of on Louis."

  "Yeah. I am sure that once Louis finds out that Harry is worse the two of them will be glued at the hip." She grabbed the present from Louis closet and we head back to my house. I opened the door and I heard Louis singing to Harry and Harry was asleep in his lap. Jay handed the present to Louis and he placed it beside him.

  "I will give it to him when he wakes up. He said that his headache was back and that he was tired I told him to lay his head on my chest and he asked me to sing if I could fly to him. I did and he fell asleep." Louis explained to us.

  "Yeah he loves that song. I would sing it to him all the time when he was sick last year." I told him. I pulled a blanket over them because I saw Harry shiver a little. We sat there for a while before I got up to make some dinner.