Spark

(This chapter will be based on Spark by Taeyeon. The video is above and you can play it to get into the mood!)

-

Jungwoo's POV:

Pathetic.

Sensitive.

Ugly.

The words that were running through my mind wouldn't stop. I knew better than this, but I wasn't strong enough to fight against it.

My worst fear was going back to how I used to think about myself.

My worst fear was losing my family.

My worst fear was being alone.

If you don't have the people you loved, then what do you have anymore?

So thats what I felt. 

Ugly.

Inside and out.

I thought that going up to Yuqi and speaking those words that now feel foreign to me would get this toxic feeling out of my heart, but I was wrong. Now I only feel like a guilty monster.

I feel ugly for never standing up for Yuqi, for going against her. She's only a kid.

I let a crush get in between my family... who's the traitor now?

And now I've come to a point where I don't have any tears to cry anymore. Just dry sobs and empty tissue boxes.

But apart from losing my crush, my family, and my sister,

I lost myself.

And that's why I can't recover right now.

Except for the fact that I hear a knock at my door, my dad walking in with a...smile?

"Jungwoo my baby..." his face softens, hugging me in a way that I desperately needed, sitting next to me on the floor next to my bed.

"I can't stop being jealous... I can't stop feeling low." I sniffle into his shoulder.

"I know, I know. I've been there too." 

'Really?'

I lift my head up to look at him, even though my eyes were swollen from crying.

"My highschool best friend, Taeyeon, realized what I was going through, though. She brought me to a rooftop and said, 'Taemin, when you hit rock bottom with yourself, the only way to go is up.'" 

I look at my father, confused.

"She wrote a song for me and sang it as I cried because of how I was bullied for my looks." he says softly.

"Y-you were bullied?" I ask, surprised at the information.

"Mhm. Not the same way as you and Yuqi, but just straightforwardly." 

I sniffle again, regaining enough tears to cry about how bad I felt for my dad.

"I'm sorry that happened... but what was the song about?"

"Well... what if I sing it for you?" he asks, still with that kind smile.

I nod, going with it because of how exhausted I was, but also curious.

(start the attached video at 0:19~)

"Yeolil julman al-asdeon, geu jageun ongi sog~"