I Made A Mistake

YUQI'S POV:

I storm into the house, slamming open the door.

"Yuqi? What's wrong?"

I turn to my right to see my brother, Baekhyun, and his boyfriend, Chanyeol, cuddling on the couch.

"They're probably back from work."

I ignore them and stomp up the stairs to my room. Once I get there, I lock the door and sit on my bed pulling my phone out. 

"Where's her number...?"

I find the contact I'm looking for and call it.

"Hey Minnie? I need you to do something for me..."

JUNGWOO'S POV: 

I open the front door, glad to be back home. 

"Baekhyun!" I run over to my big brother after seeing him on the couch. 

"Aw Woo I missed you. How was school?" he replies, hugging me.

"It was a bit weird, but my day's much better now. Hi Chanyeol!" I wave to Baekhyun's boyfriend.

"Hi Jungwoo. Do you know what happened to Yuqi?" Chanyeol says, curious.

"No? What happened?"

'This can't be about hi-'

"She's VERY mad. We kind of heard her yelling in her room... but I'm too scared to go up there. She's scarier than Chanyeol when he's jealous." Baekhyun says, crossing his arms.

"I'll go c-check on h-her..." I stutter, already scared of the thought of confronting my terrifying sister.

'If this is about Yukhei...I don't know what I'm going to do.'

*Outside of Yuqi's Room*

I knock on the door softly.

"Gogi? What's wrong?" I whisper, trying to hear her from the other side of the door.

Yuqi slowly opens her bedroom door, revealing her tired face.

"Aw my baby, what happened?" I say, worried as I hug her, resting my head on top of hers.

"Come in." she separates and sits on the bed.

I sit next to her, bracing myself.

"Be honest and don't lie. You like L-lucas, right?" she says, her voice cracking up on his name.

Hearing that name, almost makes my heart burst. I think about all of the moments that built up to me realizing that I like him. 

"Jungwoo, there's only one seat here. Want to sit on my lap?"

"Aw Snoopy, you must be tired. You can rest your head on my shoulder."

"You're an amazing friend. I love you, Woo."

I feel like crying, thinking about how much I like this one person, and how hopeless it is.

'How could someone even like me? It's never going to work out. Yukhei deserves much better.'

Before I realize it, there's tears cascading down.

"I'm...in love...with him..." I try to say, sobbing in between.

Right after I say it, I see a flash of a bad emotion on Yuqi's face, almost making me flinch. 

"I really like him too." she says, sternly.

'What do I even say?'

"What are we going to do about it?" she asks me, expecting me to somehow know.

'He could never like you back. No one ever does. You don't deserve him as much as she does.'

'Yuqi deserves this...so she can have him.'

I curl up into a ball, still sitting on her bed.

"I don't deserve him, but you do...."

I pause, before making one of the worst choices of my life.

"...you can have him."

YUQI'S POV:

"...you can have him."

My heart stops at those words. 

"I was about to challenge him for this, but he's giving up?"

I shake my head in regret.

"I made a mistake..."

-

Thank you for reading! 

Things are about to get really spicy ;)