What Am I Doing?

A/N: I think I'm back- After two years... that's such a long time, right? I'll explain why I went on hiatus eventually, but right now, I think we need another chapter :) I also want to let you know that my writing style might have changed over time~

- - 

Jungwoo's POV:

I wake up, holding someone's hand, with an aching back from sleeping on a chair for so long. And then I remember...

Hospital walls...

Ambulance noises...

What happened to Yukhei?

I look up and see Lucas playing games on his phone, still covered in the sheets of the hospital bed.

"Yukhei, are you feeling better? What was that?

He turns to look at me, having to blink to return to focus.

"I'm feeling much better, Woo. Um.. I don't really know. You'd have to ask the uh- doctors?" he says, looking panicked.

"Woah- calm down. It's fine as long as you're doing better." I go to his bedside and sit closer.

"Did you stay here the whole time? What about your family?" he says, looking surprised.

"Yuqi... I don't know. My dads didn't mind and my brother's perfectly fine with his boyfriend." I reply, leaving a casual silence.

I look down at Lucas again, even as he looks pale and frazzled, my heart still beats a bit quicker with each breath. 

I want to kiss him. It feels perfect here.

But- I'm scared. I look away, as he sighs and pulls off some of the blanket so he can sit straight.

"How's the MCing thing going?" I ask him, in order to break the silence.

Kim Jungwoo, what the hell.

"Oh uh- it's going pretty good! Your sister seems really friendly."

Of course she does.

"Ah... so are you thinking about following the tradition?" I ask again.

What am I doing-

Lucas looks confused for a good second, freezing and looking at me to explain.

"You know... asking her to the dance?

Kim, son of Lee Taemin and Choi Minho, Jungwoo, you're currently digging your own grave.

He gets flustered as I explain, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I don't really know... I- well... I don't want to disappoint your sister. You'd probably kill me for that..."

No, I'd kiss you for that.

Wait what? But I love Yuqi-

"But I kind of have someone else I'm interested in already... and I really want to go with them. I'm kind of in a dilemma and I'm extremely indecisive." he spills out, as if his mind changed in that one second.

"You'll probably figure out eventually, right? And I can help you along if you need it.

I smile at him, confidence that I never knew I had suddenly taking over my body as I walk closer to him, taking his hands into mine, almost platonically.

Lucas seems extremely calm, but also dazed as we look into each others eyes, in a silent moment.

We both lean in, and I close my eyes.

"CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEWING GUM-" 

Yukhei's phone interrupts the moment, leaving me startled and him quickly trying to turn his phone off.

What a mess...