Meltdown

Lucas's POV:

"You should leave. Now."

"Jungwoo, wait." I grabbed his arm. "What's going on with you?" 

"Yukhei, I can't trust anyone. You know how lonely that feeling is? I can't trust you if you don't trust me. I can't trust Yuqi because she released my secret by just being mad. If I can't trust my own sister, I can't trust my family-"

I cut him off from rambling on.

"Snoopy, calm down. I know you've been scared about this but-"

'He doesn't understand.'

What?

"I'm not scared, Yukhei. I'm jealous and you definitely know that! You never addressed it from the start." tears start streaming from Jungwoo's eyes.

Jealous... but I already asked him to the dance? How can he be jealous??

"Jungwoo- we're literally going to the dance anymore. Yuqi isn't even apart of it! What the hell are you jealous of?" I feel all the frustration in me, causing me to raise my voice to almost... a yelling point. And that was where I made a mistake.

He's having a meltdown, and I just raised my voice at him.... goddamnit Wong Yukhei... what have you done.

My heart crumbles as I see my love's bottom lip wobbling, which usually signaled that he was about to cry.

'He hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me, he hates me...' Jungwoo's thoughts run through my head.

"Lucas." 

He hasn't called me by my real name since we became friends.

"I have layers to my personality. I'm not who you think I am. I'm a human. I get j-jealous-" Jungwoo's voice cracks. 

"But I'm also lonely. Insecure as well. I'm sorry that I only showed you the happy part." 

I'm sorry Jungwoo.

He walks to his bedroom, closing the door harshly. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around to see Minho.

"It's not only your fault. Taemin will talk to him. For now, you should go rest and think it over." 

Almost like a real dad to me.

"Thank you and... I'm sorry. I've caused a mess in your family, haven't I?" I confess, feeling guilty.

"Well...families are like that. It's better to have arguments within a family, and in fact, it's needed. They're the only people who truly know you, and who you can be almost fully honest with. Most of the time, if both sides are good-natured, they'll figure things out." he says, straight-forwardly.

"But, we might need Taemin soon because Jungwoo gets a bit destructive at this point." Minho leads me downstairs, while pulling out his phone.

"Your contact name for him is- OH OK-" I yell a bit, covering my eyes.

Rest In Peace my beautiful innocence.

"You act as if you wouldn't put Jungwoo's name the same way in your phone when you get older." the man smirks at me, dialing the number of the... interesting contact name.

"If only... what if it doesn't work out?" 

What if he finds someone who knows how to take care of him better? What if I get over him so that he doesn't stress?

*Oh my god this kid-* I hear Minho's thoughts.

"Yukhei, you literally light up each other. Your friendship and relationship just need fixing." he looks at me with a deadpan.

Makes sense.

"Hello?" I hear from his phone, which was set on the granite kitchen counter.

"Oh, Taeminnie. Jungwoo's having a meltdown in his room right now and you're better with the emotional stuff. Are you busy?" he asks, sighing on the call.

"No, I actually just came back with the groceries." we hear the front door open, Jungwoo's dad walking in with a few grocery bags that I immediately help with carrying.

"You're such a nice kid, Wong Yukhei~ Could you tell me what happened though?" Taemin asks, after patting my head.

"Do I not get a hello? I'm your husband~" Minho whines, holding onto Taemin.

I can't believe that I'm third wheeling my future father in-laws...

"You get a hello, when I finish talking to Jungwoo. I'd rather not have him storm down to the kitchen again. I just bought new plates." Taemin says maturely to his upset husband. "Now Yukhei?"

"Well he wanted me to... be honest with him about my own life. I didn't know if I was ready for that." I sigh.

Taemin nods, knowing about my relationship with my parents.

"He told me what happened with him, probably hoping that I would come clean as well. I didn't though, and it feels like something clicked in him." I recall the memory.

"He went to Yuqi's room and yelled some... upsetting words at her before crying in front of me. I tried to hold him back-"

Taemin gives me a forgiving smile. "It's okay. Let me talk to him." he gets up, going to the staircase.

"I- Mr. Choi, you're staring." I say, seeing Jungwoo's dad admiring his husband with almost heart eyes.

"Oh shush, Yukhei. He's beautiful."

So is Jungwoo.

- - 

thank you for reading!