It's Worth It

*At School, Same Day*

Lucas's POV:

A new day, with new situations.

"Gogi, let's calm down. You made your point."

I turn in the hallway to see Raewon, from Yuqi's grade, on the floor, while Minnie walks Yuqi away. Surprisingly, the stern-faced girl doesn't even turn to look at me.

She changed,

I look back at Raewon, who's annoyingly crying on the floor.

But not in a bad way.

"Minnie's eyes are so pretty. I'm sorry that I can't pay attention to you. You're too beautiful." I hear Yuqi's distinct thoughts, turning around to see Minnie talking to her.

I laugh quietly, seeing that good things were going to happen for her. Taemin did help her.

"TEN!" I hear the familiar voice of Johnny, yelling down the hallway. I turn again, to see Ten and Jungwoo walking towards the tall guy, and I walk to them as well. 

'Xuxi looks so handsome today~' I hear from Jungwoo's thoughts.

Man, sometimes I AM really thankful to be a mind reader. 

"Snoopy~ how are you?" I hug him, taking it slow while ruffling his hair a bit.

'Aish, this boy really attacks my heart.'

"Xuxi~ be careful or Johnny's going to steal my title of member with the best hair!" he giggles, smiling as if yesterday had never happened. 

"Damn right. I mean do you SEE this hot blonde with long hair?" Ten looks up at Johnny endearingly and the taller wraps his arm around the smaller's waist.

*I definitely have to take this cutie on a date later...* I hear from Johnny's thoughts, internally rolling my eyes.

"Okay okay~" I say. "Well, I have to get to the morning announcements room now. See you guys later!" I wave, walking backwards to blow a kiss to Jungwoo.

'Well won't Yuqi be glad about that.' Jungwoo thinks after I turn around. 

I frown a bit. 

Oh well, he'll get over it soon. It was a rough night.

- - 

Jungwoo's POV:

This day's been... terrible.

First, Yuqi and Lucas had to demonstrate on the morning announcements a, "How to ask your crush to the dance" tutorial. Even my lab mate, Jaehyun, could see me fuming. Of course, they had to act it out where Lucas asked Yuqi to the dance. My sister looked like she had just had the best time ever, even after our fight yesterday... it wasn't fair.

Then, I saw Yuqi hugging Xuxi after the morning announcements. I'm sure she was trying to still steal him. After the nerve she had last night, I'm sure of it.

And now, I have to talk to Xuxi while walking home... and it isn't bad, but I still feel nervous. Probably even more nervous than when I had a crush on him.

"SNOOPY!" I hear a giant yell from behind me.

I turn around to see a happy Yukhei running towards me, before he engulfs me into a hug, spinning around.

"Hi Xuxi~" I can't help but smile.

"Wanna hangout today and do our homework together? I promise I'm not just saying this... because I was TOTALLY not spacing out in math." he smiles awkwardly.

'He's so cute~' I think. 'No wonder Yuqi liked him too.' 

Yukhei's face changes but only for a second. 

"Sure- my room is kind of a mess, though." I sigh, thinking about my cozy bedroom that I completely forgot to clean this week.

"That's fine! You know that it can't be worse than my room." he jokes.

"Hey, you have maids though~ my parents would never because they think it'll make us lazy... they're kind of right." I laugh.

"I'll help you clean your room. We also need to decide our outfits for the dance." he looks down at me with a smirk.

'It really felt like I was just with a friend... and now I'm reminded that I like him... and he likes me... ohmygod-'

"I- yes, we do..." I reply, feeling small but in a fun way.

'Would he have said the same thing if he asked Yuqi instead? What if he wanted to pick out a dress for her? Maybe I don't meet that expectation.' I smile sadly, unable to control my thoughts.

"Hey, snoopy. Just so you know, I prefer suits. You're perfect the way you are." he leans close to my ear.

'Oh my god- I must've said that out loud...'

"Did I say that out loud??" I gasp, blushing.

"Uh- yeah, yes sure you did. But don't worry~ I wouldn't want you to unnecessarily worry to yourself anyways." he says quickly, pecking my cheek.

'If only you knew what I thought every time when I didn't say it out loud.'

- - 

Lucas's POV:

'Would he have said the same thing if he asked Yuqi instead? What if he wanted to pick out a dress for her? Maybe I don't meet that expectation.' I hear Jungwoo think.

He shouldn't be comparing himself to her.

I lean close to his ear, wrapping my arms around him. 

"Hey, snoopy. Just so you know, I prefer suits. You're perfect the way you are."

His face goes red and I smile.

"Did I say that out loud??" he asks, causing me to panic, trying to find an excuse.

"Uh- yeah, yes sure you did. But don't worry~ I wouldn't want you to unnecessarily worry to yourself anyways." I say, pecking his cheek and internally sighing in relief.

And you would think that it would be so easy if I told him that I was a mind reader, right?

It's actually worse.

My elder brother Yixing was in love at one point, to the point that he trusted his partner enough to talk about his power. 

He was left alone, because of the other person's fear and the fact that they were weirded out by their lost sense of privacy. 

I guess the same thing could apply to Jungwoo. I mean, he's always thought lowly of himself, even though he acts confident. If he knew that I could hear everything, he would probably go void around me and try his best not to release anything. 

It's better when they don't know.

It's always better, even if it means keeping a secret that can sometimes make you feel so lonely.

It's worth it as long as I get to keep Snoopy and make him mine.

- - 

thank you for reading!