Love Makes You Blind

JUNGWOO'S POV:

"YOU SAID THAT WE WOULD LET HIM CHOOSE!" I yell at Yuqi, once I get home.

"We are letting him choose. It's just equal now." she responds, glaring at me.

"HOW IS IT EQUAL? YOU LITERALLY SET UP A PLAN SO THAT HE WOULD BE FORCED TO ASK YOU TO THE DANCE-" 

"HE WAS GOING TO ASK YOU FIRST!" Yuqi cuts me off. 

'He was going to ask ME to the dance? Does he like me that way?'

I stare at her blankly, tears still running down my red face.

"H-he was going to ask me?" I stutter out.

'My crush of MONTHS beyond anything I've ever loved before, was going to ask ME to the dance?'

Yuqi just nods her head, still glaring at me.

"YOU RUINED IT- I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! YOU KNOW I LIKED HIM BUT WHAT DID I EXPECT. LOVE NEVER WORKS OUT FOR ME, DOES IT?" I scream at her, running upstairs to my room.

THIRD PERSON POV:

Baekhyun quietly watches the fight go down with teary eyes, knowing the real reason Jungwoo had become so emotional about this.

Unknown to the three siblings, Lucas was standing outside of their house, waiting to work on the announcement script with Yuqi, who forgot about it.

"YOU RUINED IT- I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! YOU KNOW I LIKED HIM BUT WHAT DID I EXPECT. LOVE NEVER WORKS OUT FOR ME, DOES IT?" he hears Jungwoo scream inside the house.

And Lucas definitely didn't need a mind reading power to know that this fight was intense. After waiting a few seconds, he opens the door quietly and steps inside, only seeing Baekhyun with a worried face, standing in the kitchen.

"Hi Hyung. Is everything alright?" I awkwardly say, knowing that everything was NOT alright.

"Lucas, I know that you definitely heard everything that happened in here since you were standing outside, so I don't think I need to lie here, right?" Baekhyun says, looking at me with a straight face.

I nod, and walk over to him. 

"The thing is, Jungwoo and Yuqi are in love with the same person. He's Yuqi's first love and she really likes the guy, which is why she's fighting for him. For Jungwoo... it's a bit more complicated." Baekhyun narrates.

I already know that Jungwoo likes me. Does that mean Yuqi likes me too?

"A few years ago, Jungwoo and I had a crush on the same person, kind of like the situation now. Chanyeol liked me back, and Jungwoo learned to accept that it was just a small crush. We're stronger as siblings now, but I can't help but feel that our situation did something to him." Jungwoo's older brother starts making coffee, while telling the sadder part of the story.

Jungwoo's had his heart broken before...so have I. 

"He REALLY likes another guy in his school now, but when Yuqi started liking him too, Jungwoo got really frustrated. I love my little sister to the moon and back, but I don't think she really has a chance with the guy she and Jungwoo like. I don't blame her though...love makes you blind." Baekhyun finishes, sipping his coffee.

"If you were the guy, what would you do?" I ask him, not knowing what to do.

"If I knew that two people liked me, I would give them both a chance. My heart would choose in the end, but I would want to make it fair." he replies.

"Hm...I should probably go work on the script with Yuqi. Thank you for talking to me, though. See you around, Baek!" I walk upstairs towards Yuqi's room.

YUQI'S POV: 

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and open it to see...

"Lucas?" I ask, confused.

"Did you forget that we're working on our script today?" Lucas holds up papers, smirking at me.

"O-oh. I totally forgot about that. Sorry." I blush, embarrassed.

I lead him to my desk with two chairs. 

"I was thinking that we could start saying mental health quotes every morning. I've heard that a lot of students are going through stuff and I don't want them to be sad all the time." I say, remembering a few people I encountered in the hallway.

"That's actually a great idea! It would be nice to hear something inspirational in the morning." Lucas replies.

"He likes my idea? That's so sweet!"

I hear him giggle out of nowhere, but shrug it off and keep on writing until I can't think of what to say.

"Do you need help? You stopped writing." he asks at me, and I can feel the butterflies in my stomach from the way he looks at me.

"Now that I think about it, I've barely even talked to Lucas since this summer. All I've done is SEE him. I haven't gotten to KNOW how he changed. Is this why Jungwoo likes him? Because he's so nice?"

"Earth to Yuqi? Are you here?" I see a large hand waving in front of my face.

"O-oh yeah I'm here-" I jump back into reality.

"Why haven't I noticed how amazing Lucas's personality is? Why did I only care about his looks? This only makes him more perfect."

Lucas looks at me with a confused and sad face, that I  can't quite understand. However, he still looks amazing as always.

"What do you think I should put on this line? We need to talk about the lunch for tomorrow." I ask him.

"No wonder Jungwoo likes him...

...

...but this only gives me more of a reason to like him as well...

...

...and I'm not going to stop until I get what I want."

-

Thank you for reading!

How do you all feel about Yuqi? The next chapter will dive a bit deeper into her feelings, so don't hate her yet!