. 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 .

Start from the beginning

"Who else is going to be there?"

"Whole senior year." He said. I sighed. If it were just six of us, it would have been better. Turns out this is a project, every senior year grade students follow the tradition. Camping is a part of Eastwood High which is soon followed by Senior Prom.

"Guys, Mrs. Laurent was called to the Dean's office so we have a free class now." A girl walked into the class and announced. Everybody cheered because nobody wanted to be a part of the discussion on some boring topic.

I and Neil walked out of the class towards our lockers. I have Calculus with Zach after the bell. Opening the locker, I placed my notes and took the Calculus book in my hand. Before I shut the locker, my eyes landed on a folded white paper stuck in the upper section. I took it out and opened it.

Hear a breaking?My heart?

Hear a breaking?
My heart?

What does this person want from me?
Why am I being targeted?

I folded the paper back and placed it in the locker. I don't want some asshole to play with my head, I already have a lot on my plate.

I and Neil walked to the cafeteria as the others might still be in their classes. He walked to the machine and got two apple juices for us.

"What?" I raised my brow, he has been watching me constantly with a weird look. He shook his head. "No- what is it?"

"Are you okay?" He asked. I sighed. I knew I'd get this question from him. I'm sure he was just waiting for the right time.

"I'm fine, Neil. I've told you already. I'm perfectly fine."

"Alyssa, Twelve years is not a short period to completely understand my best friend." He stated. "I know when you hide."

"What do I have to hide?"

"Your emotions." He looked me in the eye. I hate him for this. He has the power to manipulate me with his words.

"I'm in no state to act upon my emotions."

"But can you at least not keep yourself confined on your own thoughts?" He asked me. "Whatever happened that night, you haven't talked about it. Don't suffocate yourself, Ally. Let it out."

"I will." I rushed to answer. "Soon."

He sighed. He took my hand in his and rubbed the knuckles. "I wish I was there. You wouldn't have to go through it alone."

"I had everyone there. It was an accident."

"You and I, we both know it was not." He tried not to raise his voice. "It was planned, it was pulled out to scare you."

"Can you not-"

"Stop ignoring it, Ally." He shut his eyes. "They knew about your fears."