. 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 .

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

The human mind is a complicated space.
One day it is at peace,
the other at havoc.
As confused as a person can get, it must all be blamed on the mind.
It plays games, for and against.
One can never understand what exactly is supposed to be done with the complicated piece in the body.

As Alyssa read the article on Human Mind, she shut her eyes and breathed in. A lot has happened in the past few weeks and she didn't pause to even think about anything. She has been tortured with the reality of her life, she has lost a lot. In the process of collecting memories, she now only wishes to forget these past few days.

"Hey."

She opened her eyes to meet the blue ones that belonged to her best friend. He planted a kiss on her forehead as he took a seat next to her. She passed him a smile. She missed him, the most. Her heart knew - whatever her friends did, they did for her. She could never be angry at them, though she felt betrayed, she knew - it was for her good.

"Are you done with your assignments?" She asked him as she took another bite of her sandwich. He nodded.

"I think I might be able to get A's in all of them."

She squealed excitedly. "That's amazing, Neil. That way, your conditional offer for Kinsley will be changed to unconditional and you'll get your admissions."

He nodded smiling. Neil had a busy week. As much as he wanted to be with his best friend, he was occupied with the situations depending on his future. In the last few days, he had appeared for three interviews, nailing them all and received two unconditional, while one conditional offer in his hand. Kinsley was his first choice, so if he could turn his offer into unconditional, he would immediately take the spot. Alyssa was happy for him. She knew how much he hoped to get into the best college. Though she does not remember her past four years, she does remember how I'm going to a good college has always been his dream.

"What about the others?"

"Zach got into Lincoln and Elizabeth is waiting to hear from them. I think Skye is trying to get into Hearthstone and Jamie is looking for other options."

"How did I miss all of this?" She mumbled under her breath.

"It's okay, Ally. You've got a lot on your plate." Neil rubbed her back. She nodded.

"Hey guys, don't forget to comply with the theme tonight." Some random guy rushed into the cafeteria and announced. Everyone cheered.

"Why would someone agree to the stupid theme." Alyssa sighed.

"I think the 2000s is a great theme." Neil declared.

"The only great thing about the '00s is the debut album of Coldplay."

"And Nokia phone, I suppose." Neil shrugged.

"We weren't even born in the year. The world was better off without our existence. What have we even returned to the earth with our existence?"