. 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 .

▫️▫️▫️

▫️▫️▫️

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Alyssa's favorite frenemy."

He stood in the center of the dimly lit room, surrounded by colorful decorations that screamed "1D" in every corner. He had gone all out to throw this 1D-themed party for Alyssa, with the help of Neil and Skye, hoping to lift her spirits after her devastating loss in the important competition. As he nervously adjusted his hair, he couldn't help but feel a mix of excitement and apprehension.

They made a bet that if Alyssa won, he'd throw her a party. He had just found out that she was a big fan of the boyband and teased her for being one of the other million girls drooling over the five boys. She was annoyed at him for fooling around. So even after she lost, he wanted to throw the party, not to embarrass her but to lift her spirits. She was one of the best candidates and only lost by two points. He knew he was going out of his way to organize the party which was not at all needed.

A familiar voice broke through the chatter and Arthur turned to find Aurora making her way towards him. She had just returned home for her summer break. With a twinkle in her eyes, she made her way over to him, causing heads to turn as she strutted through the crowd.

"Ah, the ever-charming Aurora. Are you here to cause trouble or just to torment me?" Arthur raised a playful eye at her.

Aurora chimed, her voice filled with mischievous sarcasm. "Oh, definitely the latter. I'll let Alyssa cause all the trouble."

"I must say, this party is quite an unexpected gesture. Are you trying to impress my sister or just trying to outdo her in some twisted competition?"

Arthur shook his head smiling. "It's neither, Aurora. Alyssa deserved a celebration after everything she put into that competition. Plus, who can resist a 1D-themed extravaganza?"

"You know her so well, don't you?" She asked. He nodded. "But why would you, Arth? Why learn so much about a frenemy?"

Arthur's smile faded slightly as he considered Aurora's question. He had never really pondered why he had taken the time to understand Alyssa's likes, dislikes, and dreams. It had simply become second nature to him, despite their initial dislike for each other.

"Well, Aurora, sometimes frenemies make the most intriguing friends. Besides, it's hard not to notice Alyssa's passion and determination. She's unlike anyone I've ever known."

His eyes looked for her in the crowd, she was dancing with her friends to 1D songs. A smile appeared on his lips. Aurora raised an eyebrow, her eyes flickering with curiosity. "Is that so? And why is that, pray tell?"

Arthur smirked, enjoying their banter. "Because she's fiercely competitive, yet she manages to keep her kindness intact. It's an irresistible combination. She's determined, yet she has a gentle and caring side that she does not keep hidden. And... I found myself drawn to her, Aurora. More than I ever expected."