. 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 .

◾◾◾

◾◾◾

Why is the world filled with so much love, yet not enough to give and take? Why do we want someone to love us, but we fail to love ourselves? Why do we need a mate to complete our soul? Why are we made in a way that we are bound to find our soulmates? Why in the world can we not just be alone?

Why can't I be alone? Why do I have to be the one to feel the emotion of love? I don't want this, I cannot feel it.

Of course, she can.
Aurora is made for love, she is loved by everyone. I grew up watching her being adored by boys, sometimes even complimented by girls.

But she has a point.
Can we just not be our own soulmates? Why in the world would people romanticize the idea of soulmates? We can have them in any form - siblings, parents, friends, even sometimes a stranger passing by. The modern culture has ruined the idea of soulmates by placing the emotion of love in it. Soulmates are supposed to be attracted to each other, of course, can love, be adored. But can they not just be normal? Why complicate the feelings?

I believe I can find a soulmate even in Karen, or in Brett. What if one of my professors is my soulmate? What if one fine day, someone walks in turquoise and we exchange eye contact, but never meet again and that person is my soulmate?

Do I really have to find my soulmate? Can I not survive without one?

"I think everyone is designed to have a soulmate." I heard Neil whisper in my ear from behind me. I passed him a smile as he planted a kiss on my forehead and took a seat next to me.

"Is that your final answer?" I asked. "What is your evaluation on the topic?"

He shrugged. "I don't think the concept of love ever needs an explanation."

"This is about soulmates, Neil. We don't have to add love to it."

"Mrs. Laurent definitely would want us all to mix up love and soulmate." He stated. I sighed.

"She needs to understand. This is not the old era. Not everything is about love."

He agreed with me. "You understand it, I do too. But she still lives in the 1700's era in her head. She is too focused on love to feel anything else."

"That lady might have one hell of a loving partner." I let out a chuckle.

Working on topics like this is a nightmare. Though Neil told me that I would've killed it in the presentation if I was the old me. But now, I don't feel connected to the other me, the older version. Everyone says I became more competitive and focused on my studies in high school, but I don't see myself as someone who would dedicate her teen years to studies. I still do love reading, but not these school works. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Are you excited about camping?" He asked. I nodded smiling. This is one thing that might not have changed in me. I still do love camping, or maybe I'll find out tonight.