. 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 .

◻◻◻

◻◻◻

Silence.
Sheer silence.

This is what she always wanted. She craved for a world that was a lesser loud. She always wanted to run away, from here, from everywhere. To her, there still was a hope that she would escape the world in her imagination.

But she is lost in darkness.
Wherever she is, it is a place of absolute stillness, utter silence.

Whenever I look at Alyssa, I can't help but think about that someone I lost. She was different, not the same of who I see right now in front of my eyes.

She has her eyes shut, head rested so peacefully. She has no trace of worry on her forehead. I wonder what was her last thought before she fell unconscious. She must be terrified of the moments she re-lived in a matter of seconds.

I walked towards her, disconnected with my thoughts. Taking a seat next to her on the chair, I observed her face. She lay on the bed so lifeless, it scared me. But her heart was beating. I relaxed myself. I couldn't bring myself to speak anything. I just sat there, examining her face.

I stroke a strand of hair that rested on her face behind her ear. She didn't move, if it was any other day, she would've karate chopped my hand for even touching her hair. It was brunette, a silk touch of dark brown when I first saw her. Now they are blonde. She might not remember this, but she first changed her hair color when Aurora left for her college. Alyssa missed her and she needed a change for herself. It was a mixture of blonde and brunette, it suited her. Later, she fought with everyone to get herself a full blonde hair colour. Her friends were against the thought. But she needed a change, she thought it would give her a new identity after everything that she went through. She was trying to run away from the reality that she could never look back at that hair and not miss a particular someone so close to her, whose departure broke her, completely.

"She was right about you;-" I heard a voice. Turning my gaze from her towards the door, I saw Skye walking towards me. "You love silence."

I scoffed. "She hated it." If she disliked anything the most about me, it was my love for silence.

"The way you're watching her right now and being completely quite will bother her more." She stated.

"It doesn't matter now," I mumbled. "My silence won't be trouble anymore."

She brought the other chair next to me and took a seat. I still had my eyes on Alyssa. "I never took you for someone who would lose faith so early."

"Faith is about confidence, about assurance." I started off. "What assurance do I even have with me? What do I keep in belief after everything is practically over for me?"