. 𝒂 𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒚 .

◻◻◻

◻◻◻

Getting ready for the founders' party after everything that has happened and going through around us, is hard. Everybody has moved on or maybe they are pretending to, but I cannot.

I tried, it has been more than six months, but we have nothing in our hand, nothing on our side. We are helpless, clueless of the case. How are we going to do Justice to both the souls?

There was a knock on the door. Mom walked in, she wore a black gown, that being her favourite color and looked gorgeous. Mom has always maintained her position in the town. Everybody loves her, she is an idol to many.

"Oh my boy, you look handsome." She fixed my tie and smiled. "You truly are the best man of my life." She pulled me in a hug.

"You look beautiful, mom

"You look beautiful, mom."

She pulled away from the hug.

"This happiness suits you, mom." I was truly happy that she decided to have a good time. After all that she has been through, I would only want some happiness and light in her life.

"You bring this ray in my life, my sweet boy." She rested her hand on my cheek. Tonight is going to be special for all of us." She started off. "I want you to forget everything and enjoy the night." She took my hand in hers. "I know you've been through a lot, my child. But you need a break. You can't be like this. We are worried for you."

"Mom." I rubbed her hand. "I'm fine." I mumbled each word separately, as I've already said this a hundred times, but now these words make no sense.

"We want you to move on, son." She stated. I gave her a confused look. She clearly isn't talking about the incident. She hasn't moved on herself, she can't ask me to do so.

"We want you to see someone else."

"We?" I asked, shocked. "It's you, mom. You want me to see someone else. Dad would never want that." She shouldn't have said that. She knows I cannot move on, I may try to forget everything, but moving on is not my choice.

"There is nothing wrong in asking your son to move on and lead a happy life. How long are you going to hold onto that girl?"

"She has a name, mom." I hissed. "That girl broke you, she used you and then completely ruined you." She raised her voice.