Hanahaki (Ritchie x Devin)

A/N- I don't really have anything to explain lmao

Enjoy!

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

Devin was hunched over the toilet in his house,sounding as though he was trying to cough up a lung. His oh so itchy arms weren't helping either. What is happening you ask? You see,Devin has contracted the disease Hanahaki. This disease,at least in the way everyone explains it,is one-sided love. It's when the person who has it believes their crush doesn't love them back...keyword here believes. It's not always true,sometimes the other person does love them back and the sick person just doesn't see it. Other times...I think you know.

Back to Devin,he finished his coughing fit. He wasn't too far along with this disease,despite having it for the past week. At the moment he was only coughing up seeds and occasional petals (mainly because he had been avoiding his crush,so the disease wasn't moving as fast) But now he was sitting on the ground curled up in a ball,still itching his arms from time to time with one thing on his mind: I'm going to die. I'm going to die. Devin obviously was familiar with Hanahaki,he knew what would happen in due time if he didn't do something about it. But "doing something about it" was confessing,and Devin didn't think he had the guts for that. "Y'know,you really should just confess,I'd prefer not to die."

"Sh- Shut up-up Eden.." He had started crying. But then he remembered there was a guild meeting today,giving him the energy he didn't think he had...at least for the time being.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

Devin burst into the guildhall...the adrenaline was gone and he had to take a moment to catch his breath. "Devin?-" Devin glanced up at his name. "Aheh- Uh,hi Ritchie.." Devin felt pain. He didn't even know what hurt,he just felt pain upon seeing Ritchie. "Your late,but that's okay! Just sit down so we can continue." Devin forced himself to just nod,smile,and sit down in between David and Lucas. Ritchie started talking again and Devin struggled to pay attention...it hurt too much to look at Ritchie directly,and his itchy arms kept distracting him. "Yo,are you good?" David asked. "Yeah you look terrible..and you keep itching your arms." Lucas added. Devin sighed,making him start coughing,much to his dismay. He put a hand over his mouth trying to hide the fact that he was coughing up literal seeds and petals. He could tell the people around him were trying to help as well, but he could only hear his own coughing.

When he finally stopped he felt a hand on his back,and saw Ritchie behind him. "Are you okay..?" Devin jumped a bit and quickly nodded,his hand still over his mouth. "Then why-" Devin suddenly got up and ran. It hurt too much,and he wasn't ready to confront Ritchie about anything. "Devin!!- And he's gone..Lucas can you go after him?"

"Uh,yeah,sure." Lucas got up and went after him.

With Devin

Devin made it to his part of the garden before collapsing...huh. What a coincidence. Even so,Devin spat out all the seeds and petals in his mouth,along with some blood here and there. After doing so he realised how itchy his arms still were as he heard someone coming up behind him and quickly tried to hide the mess. "Devin? Are you alright?" It was just Lucas...that's better than who it could've been. "O-Oh,uh,yeah.I-I'm good."

"What happened back there?- And why is there blood on your hands?" Crap. Devin thought. "U-Uhm.." Devin took a deep,shakey breath. "Lucas,if I tell you,you have to keep it down,okay..? No matter how much you want to help you can't tell anyone,"

"..Devin what's going on."

"Promise me that before I tell you anything."

"Devi-"

"Promise me." The 2 were silent before Lucad sighed. "I- I promise." Devin sighed a sigh of relief,before getting up,sweeping the flowers he coughed up under some different flowers to hide them. "Now what's going on Devin..?" Devin was quiet for a moment before starting to tear up,putting his hands on Lucas' shoulders. "Lucas I don't wanna die!" It was Lucas' turn to be quiet. "Wh- What..?"