A fear and some comfort

•A/N:This takes place after the first round of the GMG (yes I know it hasn't happened yet) And Lucas,and others,are a bit out of character here so bare with me- Oh yeah,and he's kept the Gallren and the seal thing a secret from Divinus Magia,he's only told the other godslayers (and yes there's Lake in it!)•

Enjoy!!

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

On the way back to the island after the first round of the GMG,Lucas was deathly quiet.He made sure Mario and Blake weren't sick to their stomachs but then just retreated to a corner and watched the water.He had lost his match...terribly lost.And it's not like he didn't know why,he didn't use his godslayer form.David and others said it themselves,he wasn't the best fighter without his godslayer form.But what was he supposed to do?! He would be risking his life using the form...he would never admit it,at least he thought he wouldn't,but he was terrified.He didn't want to die,he'd survived this long! Just to add on he was afraid his guild would be disappointed.They had a right to,it was a quick match,and Lucas had lost.Then again they didn't know that he was risking his life using the form.But he also didn't want to tell them...would he been seen as weak,a scaredy-cat? He noticed that they were at the island,and he waited for everyone to get off before he did.The guild walked to the guildhall and sat down,Ritchie and Brandon standing at the end of it."Alright then! Hello Divinus Magia! First I wanna say I'm proud of you all," Oh? Was he really? "You all did your best!..well,most of you." Yep,there it is... "I'll start with Mario first.Honestly Mario,you've gotten a lot stronger-" Lucas zoned out.He really wanted to just get up and leave,but he was probably going to be questioned...not to mention they're going to want to know what happened in the GMG."- Alright.Now,Lucas.What happened? You were beaten within a couple minutes!" Ritchie called out,bring Lucas out of his thoughts."I- Uh-"

"I mean- He has a point,you didn't use your godslayer form," David said.Lucas was quiet for a second."I- Don't know,okay? I don't know."

"You've used your godslayer form many times in the past,what was different about today?" Brandon asked.Lucas really was considering just getting up and leaving,but he didn't have the wits,nor did he have the wits to say anything."Lucas? You alright?" Blake asked."I-I'm fine Blake."

"You're avoiding the question." Mario said."Yeah,you kinda are" David agreed."I mean,you've used it in the past,like when you went against my brother,when you unison raided with David,and in the GMG last year." Lucas was silent."Y'know we won't judge your reasoning for not using it." Blake said.Lucas chuckled."Yeah right.You all will probably just see me as weak,a little scaredy-cat."

"Just tell us why and I'll be the judge of that!!" David said."Okay,okay,fine!!" Lucas raised his voice."I didn't go into the damn form because I'm scared."

"What?"

"I'm scared,Ritchie,I'm terrified!! Last time my god took complete control I woke up to my teacher my whole village dead!! But at least I came back from that,right?! Not this time! You all,with your devil and dragon slayer forms can come back and be okay!! I can't,because the seal is broken! I'll fade from existence,you all will forget I was even here!" Lucas took a shaky breath as an attempt to calm himself."A-And I don't want to die!! I don't want you to die,I don't want anyone to die!..." Lucas trailed off as he walked out the room."Lucas wait!.." Blake called,going after him.Plant was at her heels.The room was silent once more."...well that went sideways." David said."Yeah.It did." Ritchie said.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Lucas had gone to his pool,and was just laying at the bottom of it,staring upwards.Since Blake and Plant had followed him,soon enough they were peering down into the pool trying to get him to come up.He sighed and swam to the surface,getting out."..hey Blake."

"Hi.Are you okay..?" Lucas shrugged."I just- I wouldn't of acted that way,but I was afraid they would be disappointed..and like I said,I'm scared Blake."

"Papa." Plant said,hugging Lucas' leg.He picked them up."I'm sorry you had to see that,both of you."

"No no,it's fine.It all seemed really built up,like you needed to get it out." Lucas sighed."If I'm honest? It was.I've only told the other 2 godslayers about the seal thing,Lo'pho and Micheal."

"Oh.."

"Yeah." He set down Plant and Blake stepped forward,giving him a hug."Y'know if you don't wanna talk to Ritchie,Brandon or anyone else you can come talk to me." Lucas nodded as he reluctantly hugged back."..okay."

"Y'know,your cute when your upset." Blake tried flirting.Lucas raised an amused eyebrow as he let go of Blake."Oh really? Maybe I should be upset more then."

"Wha?- Nonono,that's not what I-" Lucas chuckled."I'm kidding,relax." Blake sighed a sigh of relief while Lucas laughed a bit more.They fell into a relaxed silence as they sat down,both with their feet in the pool."..y'know,it was really..nice,that you cared enough to run after me." Lucas said,Plant in his lap."I mean,I care about you..a lot.I worry about you sometimes."

"Ohoho,do you? Well I can't say I don't worry about you either,so..yeah." Lucas set Plant down next to him and Blake and him locked eyes.The next moment was almost like a classic movie scene,the 2 leaned in and nearly kissed,but of course,David ruined the moment."OI! Love birds! Where's my son?" Lucas sighed and Blake giggled a little."They're right here David." Lucas got up and handed him Plant over the fence."Alright! You 2 continue having your lovey-dovey moment." David walked off.Lucas and Blake looked at eachother before both started laughing."Well,I think I'll go home..leave you to do whatever." Blake said,standing up."Alright,you have a good day."

"You too!" Lucas watched her leave and he sighed. I'm very lucky...

Not the proudest of this one,but it is one of the longer ones I've written,so meh (even though,reading back,it seems a bit drawn out)•