Patrick's Surprise

Allumos was sitting in his office doing paperwork before sighing and putting down his pen. "Pat,what's wrong."

"Hm..? What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean. Your upset about something." Pat sighed. "I don't know,it's just..it's the holiday season,as you know."

"Uh-huh..and usually it's a time for joy,not a time to be moping."

"Yeah yeah I know..I just- I've just been thinking about my wife and kids." Allumos went quiet for a moment. "...oh."

"Yeah." The 2 were quiet before Allumos got an idea. He didn't say anything though,he wanted it to be a surprise.

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•

"Allumos I'm not in the mood for this.." Pat grumbled. Allumos had used Gemini and separated them,and was leading Pat somewhere,as he had his eyes closed. "Yes yes I know but just cooperate please! It will be worth it in the end,I promise."

"It better be.." They led him to the docks,where 3 people where standing. "Alright Patrick,open your eyes." Allumos said. Pat opened his eyes to see...his wife? And his children! "Daddy!" His kids ran up and tackle hugged him,to which he hugged them,crying and laughing at the same time. "Rosie! Hannah! Y-Your here,and okay! I-I-"

"Why're you crying..? Did we do something wrong?" Rosie asked. Pat shook his head no. "No,nothing at all.." He glanced up to see his wife. "Rachel.."

"Patrick." He let go of his kids and went up to his wife,hugging her. "I've missed you.." She said. "Yeah..y-yeah I've missed you too." Rachel smirked and wiped Patrick's tears,chuckling. "Don't cry Patrick. It's Christmas."

"Believe me,I-I'm not sad.." He chuckled and kissed Rachel,earning sounds of disgust from Rosie and Hannah. When the 2 parted Pat and Rachel glanced at the 2 girls before laughing. "Wait- Who even paid for your journey?!"

"That would be me." Allumos stepped up. "I..really?"

"Well,me,Grimshade and a bit of the Protectors money,aheh. But mostly my money!" Pat gave him a teary grin. "Thank you,all of you thank you!"

"Ah,it's nothing my dear boy..you were sad and I wanted to do something nice,"

"Well,thanks Allumos. This means literally the world to me.." He pulled Rachel close to him and gave her a peck on the cheek before picking up Rosie,the younger of the 2 children. He was happy,probably the happiest he's been since he and Allumos became one,and that made Allumos happy...even if they didn't get along sometimes Pat was like a brother to him.