Part 50- The Milestone.

How was Christmas for y'all? Hopefully, boxing day turns out even better... 🤗 ❤

Spread love...
And Enjoy!

"will you grant me your daughter's hand in marriage?" Fai asked as he watched the woman with blazing anticipation. He didn't know what to think, didn't know what to expect.

Was she going to decline him since she apparently didn't know him that well? It was just their first day of meeting, could she afford to just hand over her daughter to a family she still considered strangers?

Come to think of it, what was the African culture like? He had read in various articles that often times, Nigerian parents mostly met the partners of their children when they were ready for marriage, which was why he had relaxed and hadn't bothered so much each time Maldives had posted their meeting, but what if she had been wrong? What if they had all been wrong?

Mein Gott, he couldn't handle it—the suspension, it was killing! He needed her to say something, anything! Even if it was a no, at least the hopeful suspense would be over.

"WowI-I don't know what to say...it's just—it's all so..."

"Sudden?" he suggested. Shit

"No, not sudden..I mean you did mention that you've been seeing each other for over a year so, I don't know..." she heaved.

Fai swallowed disappointedly, "Right, you don't think you'd wanna—"

"No! No, that's not it" she sighed. "...you see, when my daughter called me days ago, a marriage proposal was the last thing I was expecting would come up. I mean I didn't even know she was already seeing someone, and for all I knew, she was in trouble, and needed me—"

"Which explains why you couldn't wait for us to make the trip to Boston" he nodded in understanding. She was in the right to worry. Her only family lived miles away from her, alone, and whatever call she received from her could probably be justified as a distress one.

"I didn"t even know you had plans of coming along, but anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is every mother, regardless color, race or whatever, we all just want one thing, and that's for our children to be happy..." she smiled, and stifled a whimper. Fai offered her his handkerchief, which she gladly accepted, "...Hm, this smells damn nice" she joked and Fai chuckled lightly, as he watched her inhale the sweet fragrance of his cologne on the fabric. When she had dabbed off the streams of tears that threatened to embarrass her before the man who was soon to be her son-in-law, she gathered his hands in hers, in that motherly manner he was getting accustomed to. "She's all I have, and I see now that she has you, it makes her happy, and it makes me happy as well...if you promise me, that you will keep her this happy...then you have my blessings"

Fai felt a whirlwind of emotions—happiness, joy, relief they all sizzled through him all at once, and he wasn't exactly sure how he was supposed to keep it all under control. He smiled, in the cheeky way that showed the dimples not a lot of people knew he had, and held her palms tightly together. "You don't know how happy you've made me! For a moment there, I was so scared you were gonna say no" he chuckled.

Margaret scoffed, "Boy, only a blind woman will say no to you, and my visions work perfectly! I have no doubt you will make a fine husband for my daughter, and I honestly can't wait to see the beautiful family I know you'll both have"

Fai breathed deeply. Hearing her say those words made his heart flutter with confidence and excitement. Never, never had he been this enthusiastic about his future—or any future, which was exactly why he ached to spend the rest of his life with her.