Act 2: Awake

Shicksal Headquaters, Medical Center 

Perceval lay silent on the bed, still unconscious from the teleporter's malfunction. Yet, he was the only one who knew that, Durandal and the Overseer stood by, overlooking his condition. "He'll be alright, he just needs rest." Otto said, moving from his stationary position to beside Durandal. "I am aware of that Lord Otto." she replied "But the way he appeared was odd." She sat down, she needed a break. For once, she felt exhausted. She looked to Otto, and saw him frowning. Hand on his chin while observing a file he had gone to fetch earlier. "Who is he, Overseer?" Durandal questioned. Otto closed the file and handed it to Durandal "Shicksal Research Oceania, ID 2894: Perceval Avlonia." Otto replied as Durandal skimmed through the file "He enlisted after the Third Eruption, and distinguished himself amongst his peers with his work ethic and brilliant inventions, such as the Wraith Gateway." After Otto's spiel, Durandal turned to the Overseer "Wraith Gateway?" she asked with a puzzled expression "A long-range teleporter designed to easily transport soldiers to any point of the world within seconds." Durandal seemed impressed, but Otto's expression turned grim. "I received a notice from the branch he worked at." "Well?" Durandal asked. 

"The gateway had a dastardly malfunction. The Honkai energy used to power the gateway became unstable, and drew everything within the lab to random locations." The Overseer turned to face the still unconscious Perceval. "That gateway brought him to Nagazora, where you fought the beasts." Durandal stood up with speed "What about the others?  Everyone else in the lab, where did they go?" Otto stood firm. "They failed to make it through the gateway. The unstable Honkai tore their bodies apart, until they ceased to exist." Otto managed a sly smile behind his hand that covered his face. "How did he, Perceval, survive?" Durandal questioned, her face drained of its colour. "That is unknown." Otto replied letting down his hand. "But you know well that if the Honkai is to take a vessel, it prefers a female body. Yet, Perceval's body is intact, and is circulating Honkai as naturally as any Valkyrie does." The Overseer managed a chuckle "This is truly facinating! Such a phenominon has never occured!" Otto's face was beaming, Durandal was still clearly concerned about Perceval's wellbeing. Mens' bodies tended to handle the Honkai very poorly, going as far to disintegrate from the inside out. But Perceval seemed almost unharmed. As if in response to the talk about him, he began to stir. "Overseer, he's waking up." Durandal said to him as she moved closer to the bed. "Yes, I'll allow you to see to him." Otto pet Durandal on the shoulder as he walked past her "You won't stay?" Durandal turned her head to Otto wearing a stoic expression. "I will see to him when he is ready." he paused at the door before turning to Durandal. "Until then, monitor him closely." The electric sliding door shut behind him. She sighed, then turned to Perceval again and sat beside the bed.

"How are you feeling?" The voice called out to Perceval as he opened his eyes, he turned his head to face the voice. He saw a girl, no, a young woman. Her blonde hair reaching far past her shoulders, her eyes deep as the deep sea. Her skin was fair and slightly pink, she was beautiful, no doubt about it. But he knew it would be rude for those to be his first words to her, so he responded honestly "Tired... and really sore." His voice was dry, and every word felt like a pin striking at his throat. The girl sighed "At least you're okay." she managed a small smile as Perceval sat up in the bed, every move he made caused his body to ache and strain. "I haven't asked you your name, might you tell me?" Perceval's polite remark quietly stunned Durandal, for someone who has been through a whole Eruption, he seemed as humble as anyone else in the street. "Durandal." She responded, holding out her hand for a handshake "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Avlonia." Perceval reached with his own hand, and shook Durandal's gloved hand. "Perceval is fine. I should be referring more respectfully to you." He responded with a shake of his head. "Don't trouble yourself, you're a guest here at Shicksal. There isn't any need to be so formal." Perceval managed a small smile "I see. Thank you, Durandal." He bowed his head slightly. Durandal stood up "Regardless, take your time to get up. But I should mention that the Overseer would like a word with you." Perceval looked shocked and quickly stood up out of bed "The Overseer? Otto Apocalypse in the flesh?" Durandal made her way to the door, turning back to look at him "Yes, he waits at the Command Center. I suggest you don't keep him waiting." The door closed, and Perceval looked at the wall across from him.