Act 17: Oath

9AM: Durandal's Room, Shicksal HQ

Durandal leaned into Perceval's embrace, the Valkyrie was incredibly warm. Perceval chuckled. "You should have taken the covers off." She pouted while leaning her head into his neck. "But wouldn't you have been cold?" The Knight lightly brushed some hair away from Durandal's face. "It doesn't matter to me. Besides, you're quite warm yourself." He smiled and pecked her lightly on the cheek, the Valkyrie snuggled against Perceval. "Nothing like your warmth though..." She ran her hand down Perceval's toned abs. "You're like a fireplace on a cold winter day... It makes me feel so warm, so safe." The Knight held Durandal close to his chest. "I'm glad." The Valkyrie kissed him on the lips and chuckled. "Come on, we've slept in long enough." Perceval nodded. "Yeah, we shouldn't keep Rita waiting." After having a shower and getting dressed, the two made their way out to the dining room. Perceval stepped in and noticed that the room was completely empty. "We're not that late are we?" Durandal shook her head in reassurance. "No. Perhaps she's with the Overseer." A chuckle sounded from behind them. "Right behind you~" Perceval jumped slightly and turned around, the maid held a sly smile on her face. She pulled a newspaper from behind her back and handed it to Durandal. "You two are making headlines." The Valkyrie took the newspaper and observed the front cover, she blushed profusely and passed it off to Perceval who gawked in surprise.

'Valkyrie Durandal and her Knight in shining armour'

'Yesterday in ARC City, the Valkyrie was spotted spending her day off with the rising star: Knight Perceval Avlonia. The two spent the afternoon at a local café that specialises in Crepes, pictures were taken of the two lovingly sharing their meals, prompting theories of a possible romantic relationship between the two.' 

 Perceval was speechless. "Ah- Wha- Huh?" Rita chuckled. "Let's discuss this over breakfast." Durandal turned her head away. "Y-Yeah..." Perceval reluctantly took a seat at the table, Durandal sat next to him and held his hand tightly. Rita slid two bowls of house-made mushroom and bacon oatmeal in front of the two, the maid smiled. "Go on, eat up." Perceval nervously dug into the meal, he smiled lightly at the wonderful combination of the soft mushrooms and the crispy bacon. Rita leaned her elbows on the table, resting her head on her hands. "Well, I'll start simple: what is your relationship like?" Perceval glanced over to Durandal who looked at Rita seriously. "Rita... I love him. As more than a friend." The maid turned to Perceval, the Knight nodded. "I love her too." The maid smiled brightly. "I see. That's all I wanted to hear." Durandal raised an eyebrow. "That's it?" Rita nodded in return. "All I want is for you to be happy, Master Durandal." She stood and took the empty bowls from the two. "And Master Perceval too. I want only the best for you as well." As Rita walked to the kitchen, she looked over her shoulder. "And besides, you two make a wonderful couple." Durandal blushed and lowered her head, Perceval turned his head away as his face turned crimson. The maid smiled coyly. "And Master Durandal?" The Valkyrie raised her head. "Yes Rita?" The Maid tilted her head. "You shouldn't have been able to allow Crepes into your weekly intake. Did you do any... Extra exercise?" Durandal looked away, Perceval nervously scratched the back of his head. The Knight coughed. "Uhh... Well... About that..." His voice broke halfway during his sentence, Rita covered her mouth with her hand and gently closed her eyes. "My, my~" Her voice was gentle and slightly seductive, Durandal took Perceval by the hand and led him out from the dining room. Perceval stammered. "H-Hey! Where are we going?" Durandal smiled softly. "You and me are going on a date." The Knight sighed with relief. "Alright. Where to?" Durandal looked back at Perceval and chuckled. "I picked the place last time, why don't you choose where we go this time?" The Knight put his hand to his chin. "Would you like to come to Australia with me for the day?" Durandal raised an eyebrow. "Might I ask why?" Perceval glanced down at the floor. "There's... Somewhere I have to take you..." His voice shook slightly, Durandal nodded. "Okay, let's go then." Perceval smiled. "Thank you Bianka."