Act 1: Dawn

Nagazora, Japan

The Valkyrie never expected this. Nagazora was crawling with Honkai Beasts, the streets were ablaze and the sound of screams echoed throughout the city, It hadn't been long since the 3rd Honkai War had started, and now it was in full effect. Durandal stood on the rooftop of a high-rise apartment, calmly surveying the city, and laying out how she would clear out the infestation. Her golden blonde locks swayed in the cool breeze that passed over this city of death, her sapphire eyes fixed on her goal; a large Honkai Beast that stood a few streets away from her position.

"The Beast is moving, Master Durandal." A delicate voice spoke over the comm lines, "We must move with haste, or this city falls." She knew that well enough. "Understood, Rita." The line went silent. Durandal pulled her lance from the floor, and jumped. She moved down the building at a breakneck speed, her Valkyrie Gloria battlesuit flapped in the wind as she fell. She neared closer to the Beast below her, with a twist of her wrist... 

She sliced it in half

Landing with a thud, she spun around to face the hoard behind her, smirking. She thrusted, piercing a small Cavalier while spinning to slam it into another. Flames danced from the tip of her lance, setting the crowd ablaze. She launched herself into the air, and prepared a mighty throw. Honkai energy flowed into her fingertips as she heaved the lance into the crowd, creating a mighty eruption of fire. As she landed, the bodies dissipated into residual energy. Done with that lot, she turned to face the direction of the large Honkai Beast. Durandal's work was cut out for her, the Beast crashing through the building across the street, leaving a wave of rubble in its wake. 

"Heh, this might be a half decent fight" She said to herself quietly. She readied her lance, ready to strike. Durandal was just about to move, when a bolt of Honkai Energy disintegrated the beast, leaving only the dust of it remaining. "What?" She was puzzled, she had never heard of natural Honkai Lightning, she looked up to see not a storm cloud, but a swirling vortex of Honkai. She readied herself for something big, only to see a small shape fall from the portal, looking closely she saw a figure; a young man. She ran, kicking up the pavement behind her. "Durandal-" Rita began, "I know, I've got him" 

Perceval was groggy, he could barely open his eyes, let alone move his body. He felt like he was burning up, the pain was almost unbearable. Yet, he couldn't call for anyone. His throat was dry and his head ached. He attempted to open his eyes, his vision was blurry. The most he could make out was the sky, and the numerous buildings that surrounded him. He closed his eyes and heard only the rushing wind as he fell further to the ground.

It hurts. My body... It hurts. Perceval's thoughts grew louder, like voices in his head

My body burns. It burns. Why? The gateway was perfectly safe. Why does it burn?

Perceval was interrupted by something, someone grabbing him. He felt a thud as his savior hit the ground. He grunted, and attempted to open his eyes again.

He saw only hair. Beautiful, Golden hair. 

Perceval then passed out, in Valkyrie Durandal's arms.

ACT 1: END