Chapter 2

You get out of bed, the sun shined into your room through your open-curtained window.

You sigh and look at your phone to check the time.

"1:56"

You were always one who could sleep throughout the day, so waking up late was never new. Especially considering the fact that you could never go to sleep earlier than two am—unless you were completely exhausted.

You lay in bed for a few more minutes, taking time to adjust to the idea of becoming a functioning member of society again.

You get up and head to the bathroom, not without getting annoyed at the creaky floorboards.

In your bathroom, you stare at the mold growing in the corner of the room with disgust.

"I need to move out of here as soon as possible."

You planned on waiting until you had more leniency in your budget, but with the conditions you were living in, you might as well move into the campus dorms.

You sigh and ponder on what to do.

You decide to facetime Akaashi to ask about his living arrangements.

The phone rings a few times before you see the familiar face appear before you.

"You okay?" Akaashi says.

"Kei, I have a question."

"Okay, shoot."

"You're living in an apartment with roommates right?"

"Yeah, two of them." He says.

"Do you think there's space for me to move in with you? My apartment is awful. And while i'm grateful for a place to call home, these conditions are unsanitary. I'm almost eighty percent sure there is a new disease forming in here." I whine to my bestfriend.

"Nugg, you know I'd gladly let you move in with me, but there's no space for you to move in here."

"It was dumb of me to ask anyway. Of course you'd have all of your roommates by this time in the school year."

"Hey, why don't you check on Twitter to see if anyone is looking for an extra roommate. I'm sure many are considering the fact that people always back out of original agreements."

You pause to consider the idea your bright friend suggested.

"Kei, you know I love you right?" you say, pleased with the idea.

"So you say," he says smiling at you.

"I'm gonna check right now. Are we still on for lunch again today?"

"Yeah, of course. Let's get boba."

"Okay, I'll meet you at the shop in about an hour or an hour and a half."

"Okay Nugget. I'll see you then."

"Bye Kei." you say, ending the call.

You looked back at the disgusting green spots forming in your bathroom and shiver.

"I've got to get the fuck out of here."

—————

You open Twitter as you prepare to roll another joint.

You type in "#UTRoommates" with a hope of finding someone soon.

You scroll seeing different kinds of people, pairings, and preferences.