Chapter 16

As the ball flew over the net, you fall into a defensive position, preparing for the moment the ball could come over the net.

You watch diligently as Mei bumps the ball to Oikawa.

Oikawa give a high set to Osamu and Osamu attempts send the ball over with a hard spike, but Suna intercepts it, slowing it down with his touch.

Suna and Akaashi look at you as you give Akaashi a high bump.

Both you and Suna begin your approach, giving Akaashi two options to set to.

The set ultimately comes to you and you send it straight to the ground with a loud smack.

Terushima flings his arm down, indicating the ball was in bounds and everyone stares at you.

It goes silent for a while before Atsumu says what everyone but Akaashi and Bokuto were thinking.

"Whoa, y/n you're amazing! Why aren't you playing in college?"

You shrug your shoulders.

"I didn't want to. I enjoy the sport, but playing on a collegiate level would bring me too much stress. I hate unnecessary criticism and I hate to lose so I decided club or recreational play would suffice," you say flicking the wrist of the hand you used to hit the ball.

"Hmm, okay. I can see that," Atsumu says as he tosses Suna another ball.

"Team 1-1, Team 2-0," Atsumu says before blowing the whistle.

Like before, Suna serves the ball a few seconds after the whistle is blown and the ball flys over the net.

Suna served the ball closer to the front, which left Oikawa to take the first hit.

He hit it toward Osamu who then set it to Mei to hit.

She sends over the ball and you dig for the receive.

The bump is high, allowing Akaashi to get well positioned under it and he sets it to Suna.

Suna then hits the ball on the other side, only for it to be blocked by Mei.

You were momentarily shocked as even though Suna was giving only half of his effort, Suna was often difficult for people to block.

Since you were shocked, you didn't move in time to dig the ball and the ball hit the ground.

You look down at the ball a few feet ahead of you before looking at Mei and smiling.

"Oh my goodness, you're amazing!" you semi-scream.

You look at Akaashi.

"Did you know she was this good?" you ask Akaashi.

He just blinks at you before turning away, "She told me, so I had an idea. Let's get back to the game."

You roll your eyes at his behavior. He always gets so serious in a game, whether the game was real or not.

Atsumu tosses a ball to Oikawa as he went behind the serve line.

Oikawa then serves the ball. You expected his signature jump serve, but instead he gave a normal overhand serve.

The ball flew over the net straight to Suna who then bumped the ball to Akaashi.

You walked back to prepare for your approach, timing it with the set you were about to receive.

As the ball reached the highest point in the air, you began your approach to meet it at a height you were able to hit the most powerfully.