Chapter 27

TIMESKIP THREE MONTHS LATER.

To say you were better would be an
understatement.

You were flourishing and happier than before.

After you and Suna broke up, you gave Suna all of your weed.

You didn't want to waste it, but Suna refused, insisting he stopped with you.

He didn't want to be high around you as it could make your journey a bit more difficult.

Oikawa even stopped coming around you when he was high or had any weed on him.

Your friends made the process much easier, and for that, you were eternally grateful.

When you first stopped, you were on the verge of becoming severely depressed again.

You hadn't realized how dependent you were on Suna, weed, and even sex.

Since you and Suna got together, you both had sex fairly often. Because of this, your body—and mind—started to slip into your dependence on physical connection.

As this was happening, you hadn't noticed and Suna felt awful. His guilt was eating him alive, and so this made him put much more effort into helping you through this.

You decided the best way to help was writing. You began to write your emotions down in stories and poems.

Writing became a pastime you engaged in everyday—morning and night.

Not only were your grades flourishing, but you've become more secure in your mental health—you weren't going to backtrack and you were proud of yourself.

Now, you're sitting at a Korean BBQ restaurant, cooling down after the high of the volleyball game you just watched.

Watching your friends play made you happy. Watching them all in their element made you realize how talented the boys in your life were.

Watching Atsumu during a game was shocking. Gone was his childish behavior. It was replaced with a focused and dangerous player. Of course, he'd still joke around, but Osamu quickly got him in check.

While Akaashi hadn't played as much, his presence on the court was hard to ignore. Whenever he would be subbed in, the atmosphere almost went cold. He changed the tide of the game, leading the team to win the last set after being behind five points.

Oikawa was a wonderful hitter, as well as Osamu. Aside from their scary serves and spikes, the fact that both could easily switch to a setter position made them all the more dangerous.

And for Suna: you weren't surprised by his performance.

His once lazy attitude was replaced with a monster. His hits were a guaranteed point, and his blocks were inescapable. You couldn't keep your eyes off of him.

You were beyond proud.

After Akaashi set to Suna in a desperate attempt to score the last point in a long lasting deuce, Suna came through, slamming the ball into the ground.

The gym went silent before fans of UT erupted in cheers.

You and Mei ran onto the court, along with the rest of your school.