Chapter 8

WARNING: MENTIONS OF RAPE AND OTHER TRIGGERING TOPICS IN THIS CHAPTER.

You say goodbye to your friends as you went your separate ways.

You were leaving from hanging at a friends house and it was dark.

Your house was only a ten minute walk from hers so you figured you'd be fine.

You follow the same route you take everyday, cutting through the alley way so you wouldn't have to walk all the way around the block to get to your house.

Upon entering the alley, you see a man leaning against the wall, smoking a cigarette.

You've always hated the smell of cigarettes so as you got closer, you scrunched your nose.

"Well aren't you pretty?" you hear a voice say.

You ignore the man and continue to walk past him.

"Bitch, why are you ignoring me?" the stranger grabs your arm.

You open your mouth to scream but he covers your mouth with his hand.

You bite his fingers and start to kick and flail your body around, desperate to escape.

He punches you in the face and you feel yourself lose the strength you once had.

"Be a good girl and make this enjoyable for me."

You felt your eyes begin to close as you feel cold air hit your thighs.

You woke up drenched in sweat and tears falling down your face.

You grab your phone and check the time.

3:28am.

You sit up against your headboard and notice you were shaking profusely.

You had another nightmare.

Occasionally, you'd have nightmares about the rape you experienced. If you still engaged in the old habits you had, you would've called someone to have sex with them.

After the rape, you found yourself itching to get rid of the feelings of the man that night, so you often turned to other sexual encounters to block out the memories of that night.

After realizing the dangers of your coping mechanism, you turned to smoking weed.

You haven't had sex in almost two years—the nightmares only continued, but instead of calling someone, you cleared your mind by smoking away the memories.

You got out of bed and went into the bathroom to wash your face.

You stare at yourself in the mirror. You had to constantly remind yourself that you're doing the best that you can and that you're strong.

If it weren't for the time, you would've called Akaashi.

You went back into your room and threw on a pair of sweats on top of your shorts.

You roll up a joint, grabbed your necessities and left your room.

As you walk into the living room, you see Suna sitting on the couch.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

You turn your head away as your eyes were still puffy from the crying and you didn't want him to see.

"I'm going for a walk."

"At almost four in the morning?" he asks, checking his phone.