Chapter 6

You walk out of your Astronomy class and sigh.

It wasn't that you hated the class, but it was a Gen-Ed class you were required to take.

As a psychology major, classes that didn't relate to the mind or how humans react to traumatic situations tend to not hold your interest for long.

Since you got out of class about fifteen minutes early, you head to a nearby park and pull out a pre-roll. You take out your favorite lighter, a green BIC, light the joint, and deeply inhale.

You lean your head back as you savor the feeling of the smoke invading your lungs.

You exhale the smoke after a few seconds and watch it fill the air.

You stare at the joint between your fingers.

If I were to stop smoking would I simply find another way to cope? Or will I force myself to truly overcome my trauma?

Your mind falls into the trap of overthinking as you take another hit.

About halfway through your joint, you find yourself thinking back to the events that occurred in the morning.

Atsumu is so sweet. He really reminds me of a little brother. You smile to yourself as you think of the guy you've grown accustomed to.

You take a hit.

Osamu is like an older brother. He's calm and collected, maybe one day, if I get closer to him, I could depend on him. You don't like to burden people with the memories of your past, so the only one who knows is Akaashi, but you can't help but to want to unleash all of your emotions toward Osamu. He provided a comfort you've only experienced around Akaashi.

You take another hit.

Suna. Your mind went a million miles a minute as the brown-haired guy came in your head.

You think of his naturally stoic face and your thoughts shift from that to how he looks at you when he's high.

You think back to the night you moved into the apartment. His low eyes would have turned you on had you not been so focused on not letting him see through you.

Your mind eventually settles on the events that occurred this morning.

You begin to cringe at your behavior and take another hit.

Why did I run out like that?

No, it was the right thing to do. I'm not in any place to try and get in a relationship. I need to fix myself first before I try to give myself to someone. This is my problem and so I need to fix it myself.

You finish your joint and press it into the ground as you grab out some gum, eye drops, and oil.

You place two drops in each eye and blink rapidly. You then rub your vanilla scented oil on your wrists and on both sides of your neck and place your peppermint flavored gum in your mouth.

You stand up, grab your bag, and pull out your phone to text Akaashi.

Me
You out of class yet?

Kei <3
Yeah, I'm walking out of the building right now.

Me
Meet you at the library in five?

Kei <3
Yeah, see you then

You place your airpods in, turn on your music, and walk toward the library.