2

Rain, the cool liquid that falls from the sky. The rain can destroy farms, houses, buildings and can take lives lives. But on the bright side it helps plants grow, and help keep animals, including humans stay hydrated.

This, was the rain of sorrow not the cool, happy one.

People were gathered at the cemetery under their umbrellas to witness the burial of the late Jalissa, Valerie's mother. Many friends of the teenager's mother were present trying their best to console the teenager.

They placed sorts of flowers on the casket on the casket that has been lowered six feet under the ground. Now covered and tombstone placed, the sympathisers came closer. Each held different type flower than before.

"She was an amazing mother." Valerie placed a rose next to the tombstone.

"A good friend."

"A kind person."

"And we will remember you in our hearts."

.

The sympathisers slowly left, each wishing Valerie her best. Finally when there was no one else except Valerie, she closed her umbrella.
She looked at her mother's tombstone once more.

At this point, she didn't care if she was getting soaked or if she was going to catch a cold. She let out a heavy sign and lifted her face to sky, not really caring if they droplets would touch her eyes.

She slowly sobbed her invisible tears. Why invisible? Because she cries in the rain, so it's not visible.

"Dearest mother," She started. "Thanks for everything you've done for me. I understand what went on and I realise what they mean when they say people are not going to be a part of your life permanently." She smiled.

"I don't blame for losing your battle with cancer. Thanks once again. I'll be on my way now, Bye." She opened up her umbrella and placed it above her and slowly went back home and cried herself to sleep.

So let's be honest, I'm cruel aren't I? And I sincerely apologize for making this short.