16

*Valerie's POV*
Months passed and school was normal for me and my over protective giant would never let anyone or anything get near me.

We got married weeks after he gave me the ring. The unborn baby was very healthy, just like its mother.

I didn't want to know its gender because I wanted it to be a surprise. Things went smoothly until...

"AHHH MY WATER BROKE!!" I screamed in pain.

He quickly carried me bridal style to the car put me in the backseat. And drove to the hospital as fast as he could.

"How fucking long until we get there?"
I asked, more like screamed.

"A minute more dear, please calm down." He said calmly.

(My dear readers I'm not really used to hospital equipment so bear with me and don't hate me.)

We got into the hospital and was taken to the labor ward. In the room, the doctors told Jayden to stay out and wait 🙄🙄🙄 but he had no other choice but to obey them.

The delivery was complicated. First the the doctor puts his fingers in me to check if I'm ready.

When he gives me the go ahead, I start to push as hard as I can.

Its been hours and i couldn't handle the pain.

"I can't do this anymore." I panted.

"I get it but you have to." He tells me. I nod and started to push again. I kept pushing until I hear a baby crying.

"Congrats Mrs, Its a girl." A nurse tells me, cradling my baby in her arms.

The baby was wrapped in a blanket and was given to me. Jayden got in and cried tears of joy.

"Great job babe." He tells me.

"She looks like you." I hand him the now calmed baby. I smile and close my eyes.

The meter started beeping and the nurses rush to my aid.

"Remember your promise." I whispered. All the memories started to play.

From the time I had my mom,

how I met Jayden,

how he took care of me,

all the amazing times we had together to now.

I smiled because it was peaceful.

I could hear the nurses call me but just kept smiling.

I closed my eyes and slept. At least nobody will bother me at all.

*Jayden's POV*
She hands me the baby and starts to close her eyes.

The meter started beeping and nurses started to come to her aid.

"Remember your promise." She whispered.

*Flashback*

"Jayden, promise me we'd live happily with our child."

"Even though there will be ups and downs, promise me you'd love our child no matter what." She says

"I promise honey."

*End of flashback*

"Mrs. Valerie Parker died at 10:20 pm due to blood poisoning because the 'Placenta' couldn't come out." The doctor tells me.

I tried to hide back my tears but I couldn't.

The woman I loved is gone.

Gone forever and this baby wouldn't get to experience a mother's love.

I look at the baby and smile.

She was my only source of happiness now.

Her eyes were like her mother's.

Just looking at them made me cry even more because I wouldn't see her anymore.