3

*Valerie's POV*
*sighs* It has been 3 long years since my mother died and I've been doing the exact opposite of what she said I should do.

I don't eat properly, I have eye bags because I do not have enough sleep. Or simple, I don't even sleep. I cut my arms to the point where I'm unable to cut them anymore.

I'd listen to depressing songs, and I have frequent nightmares of the event that occurred years back. Sometimes I just wished I died. Life is just too hard.

I am in college now and if you ask me what I am passionate about, well I'm not sure if I can give you an honest answer. I'm a 100% positive it's due to the fact that I have lost all of my inspiration and motivation to even exist.

Ever since my mom died, I lost all my social skills so I rarely speak to people. I mostly play video games when I am free. Days later during the afternoon, a certain lecturer who claims to be a certified therapist walked in with another lecturer.

"Hello sweeties." she said giving a smile. We all greeted her with respect. "My name is Agnes and want to you guys to tell me anything that happened during summer in highschool." She rubs her hands together.

"Jeez what a bitch, I can't even remember anything." I muttered. I knew she was going to call me out so I tried to hide my face as much as I can. "Hmm, let's see, I think I want the girl in the black hoodie...uhh Valerie." she said.

"Ugh I hate this bitch." I whispered underneath my breath. I slowly got up and went in front. At that moment I didn't know what to say. My heart was beating out of my chest and I couldn't help it. My chest started to tighten and it was painful.

"Hon let me tell you something, she is trying to kill you." My thoughts started to bug me. "She wants you dead, just like your mother."

"Okay so sweetie we're waiting for you" she said looking at her rock filled wrist watch. I kept breathing heavily until I had a flashback....

*Flash back*

"911 what's your emergency?" My mom, she's dead, in the pool. I said, hiccupping. "Alright we're on our way."

*end of flashback*

I started crying and ran out of the class. "Yeah she's weirder than I expected." Carmen, randomly blurted out.  "Stupid me, you could've just said no than stand there and have the stupid flash back." I wiped the tears off my face, heading to the restroom.

I wasn't looking where I was going until I bumped into someone. "ARGH!!! I'm sorry." I groaned, trying to find my glasses. "There." the person said in a calm, relaxing tone, fixing the glasses on my face.

I quickly got up and started apologizing even though I never caught a glimpse of his or her face and telling that person how much I was sorry. When I lifted my head I was finally to see the person's face. I couldn't help but blush.

"He's so freaking hot" I said to myself. "I'm really sorry too and please try to watch where you are going okay?" He smiled. "Say, are you okay? You were crying earlier." He swiped my hair to the side. "No no I'm fine I was only crying because I had a panic attack." I kind of whispered.

"Aww I feel bad for you. Say, what's your name?" He ruffled my hair. "My name is Valerie. What about yours?" I asked. "My name is Jayden but you can call me Jay." He said calmly.

"Shit he's so calm after I bumped into him and he even fixed my glasses for me. His voice was so freaking deep but it calms me down too." I said to myself. It felt really nice talking to him. At that moment I didn't care about anything else but him. My face turned to a darker shade of red as I stared right at him....

—    —     —

Jayden: "So Valerie, shouldn't you be in class?"

Valerie: "I know I should but I'd have a panic attack if I go in there.

Jayden: "Oh I see. Not gonna lie, I like your glasses."

Valerie: "Oh thank you Jay, most people call me four eyes."

Jayden: "Ignore those losers, they hate that you can see."

Valerie:"I… guess so."

Jayden: "So… should I call your paren-"

Valerie: "NOO!!"

Jayden: "Okay I won't and your whining is kinda cute~"

Valerie: "Hush it!! Are you some playboy or something?"

Jayden: "Gurl, what makes you think that?"

Valerie:  "Your compliments duh."

Jayden: "Oh come on, if you're cute I gotta say it." "Oh okay then thank you..'

And just like that I realised I should have him as friend or maybe more than that, he's a nice person.

What could go possibly wrong?

(Me: A lot of things!! Especially your death Valerie!! Your death!! Oops sorry…)

The Weird Girlfriendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें