Attractive Jerks

Isabelle drags me over to a room with a bunch of couches and a coffee table, that's littered with red cups. On the couches sit, Alec looking bored, Sebastian grinning at me, and Jace smirking at me.

"Guys this is Clary." Isabelle introduces me.

"We all know who she is Izzy, Sebastian talks about her all the time." Alec says.

What? I think to myself. Sebastian looks embarrassed, and Jace almost looks sad? I don't even know. Isabelle sits down beside Alec, and Simon and I uncomfortably sit down on a different couch.

Suddenly a girl with black hair in a pink dress walks over.

"There you are Jace! I've been looking everywhere for you." She says and sits beside him and he puts his arm around her.

"Who are they?" The girl says rudely to Isabelle.

"That's Clary and Simon. Clary, Simon this is Jace's girlfriend Aline." Isabelle says.

A pang goes through me for a second. Girlfriend? I didn't think he'd have a girlfriend. Sure he was beautiful, but he didn't seem like the type to have a girlfriend. I feel a bit disappointed, but I push it away. I don't like Jace, so it doesn't matter.

I plant a fake smile on my face and she just smirks at me and snuggles in closer to Jace. That was weird I thought.

"Oooh how about we play truth or dare?!" Isabelle says.

"Um sure." I say and everyone agrees.

The game starts and Alec asks Aline, Aline asks Isabelle, and then Isabelle asks me.

"Clary, truth or dare." She asks.

"Dare." I say taking a risk.

"I dare you to kiss Sebastian." She says while smirking.

I freeze. To kiss him? It would be so embarrassing. But it was the dare I had to do it.

"Um ok." I say nervously.

"No." Jace says all of the sudden.

"What?" I say.

"You can't kiss him." Jace panics a bit

"Why not?" I ask.

"Yeah why not Jace?" Sebastian asks confused and kind of angry.

"Um because that dare is stupid." He says rushed."Take a shot for your dare instead."

"No the dare was for her to kiss Sebastian so she has to." Isabelle says.

"Who cares what she does anyway." Aline says rudely while rolling her eyes and I glare at her.

Jace looks like he's about to say something else but before he can, I get up and move to Sebastian and kiss him. It is amazing, I can't even describe it. We kiss for about twenty seconds until Isabelle says.

"Woah okay you guys can stop now." She says as laughs.

I sit back down a bit embarrassed and so is Sebastian. All of the sudden Jace gets up and walks away, and Aline gets up to follow him but Alec stops her.

"Let him be alone. You know how he is." He says.

"I have to use the washroom." I say and leave. I'm not actually going to use the bathroom, I'm going to go find Jace.

I finally find him on the front porch leaving against the ledge. Before I even reach him, he knows I'm there.

"Why'd you follow me out here." His voice is cold.

"Why did you storm off the like that?" I ask.

"I wasn't feeling well." He mutters not looking at me.

"Why did you have such a big problem with me kissing Sebastian?" I demand.

"I didn't." He lies.

"Yes you did. Tell me why." I persist.

"Because you don't know him!" He explodes. " You don't know what he's like!"

"So what does that matter?! It was only a kiss!" I say defiantly

"What if he was a murderer or something? You can't just go around kissing people." Jace says frustrated.

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard." I say angrily. "And what's it of your business anyway?!"

"Just leave Clary." He says coldly and he actually calls me by my name.

"Ok I'll go back inside-" I say but he cuts me off.

"No I meant leave the party. I have no idea why Sebastian invited you anyway." Jace says and I feel like I've slapped in the face.

Why did I even come out here in the first place? It's my own fault, I brought upon myself. But yet his words pierce through me and my eyes water. I run back inside and drag Simon from rest of the people, and make him take me home. I'm done with parties.