The First Day

Clary' pov

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I groaned and hit my alarm clock. Today was my first day at Westview High and I was dreading it. Me, my mom and my stepfather Luke had just moved here.

"Clary get up! It's time for school!" My mother called from downstairs.

I dragged myself out of my bed and into my bathroom. I brushed my red hair and brushed my teeth. I tore through my closet for a good fifteen minutes looking for the perfect outfit. I finally decided on a cute black dress, and a jean jacket on top.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. My mother and Luke were already sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Good morning." I said while I took a seat and started eating.

"Good morning." My mother said. "Are you ready for your first day?"

I winced at her words. "I'm trying not to think about it."

She laughed. "I'm sure it will be fine."

"I hope so." I muttered

Soon after that Luke drove me to school. He drove up to the front of the school and stopped.

"Here we are Clary. Do you want me to come in with you?" He asked me.

"No it's okay I'll be fine. Thanks for the ride." I said as I got out of the car.

"Ok. Good luck!" Luke said and he drove away.

I turned to face the school, and took a big breath. I started to walk up the stairs and into the school. When I walked in there were a lot of kids walking with their friends, and standing by their lockers. I made my way to find my locker, finally I found it and grabbed my things for my first period, English.

The bell rang and I hurried to room 103. When I got there, there was a boy with nerdy glasses sitting in one of the desks in the middle. I took a nervous breath and took a seat beside behind him. Immediately he turned to face me.

"I've never seen you here before." He said with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah I just moved here." I said.

"Well welcome. My names Simon Lewis." He said while smiling

"My names Clary Fray." I said

Simon and I talked until the second the bell rang, and we exchanged numbers. Kids filed in and our teacher Mr. Thompson took attendance.

"It looks like we have a new student here today. Clarissa Fray?" He said.

"Here" I said. "You can call me Clary."

After that class started, and I can't lie it was so boring. Fifteen minutes into class someone knocked on the door.

"As usual." Mr. Thompson muttered angrily as he went to open the door.

A girl with long black hair, and bright red lipstick strolled in and took her seat. Next a boy with black hair and bright blue eyes, and then my breath was taken away.

Two boys entered the room side by side. One of them had golden hair with golden eyes that seemed to have fire dancing in them, and a perfect jaw line. The other had white blonde hair and green eyes, his cheekbones were perfectly placed. They were the most people beautiful people I had ever seen. They both wore smirks on their faces as they went and took their seat. The all golden one came and sat right next to me.

"Isabelle Lightwood, Alec Lightwood, Jace Herondale, and Sebastian Morgenstern. Late as usual." Mr. Thompson said angrily.

"We're not late." The golden one said from beside me, as he put his feet up on the desk. "Everyone else is just early."

The one with the white blonde hair snickered from the back of the class.

"The bell is here for a reason Jace." Mr. Thompson snapped.

Simon leaned over and whispered to me.

"Those four are the most popular kids in school. There the troublemakers. If I were you, I would steer clear of them." He whispered and I just nodded my head.

Class continued and I couldn't help but stare at Jace. He was perfection. His eyes were so beautiful. Everything about him was gold. Suddenly he turned to me

"What the hell are you staring at?" He said

I was speechless. I didn't know what
To say.

"Actually I take that back, I know exactly why your staring." He smirked.

I was baffled, he was so arrogant.

"Don't worry, I'm used to all the staring it's not just you, Red." He says

Red? Oh right probably because of
my hair.

"My names Clary." I finally say

"Nah, I like Red better." Jace says then he turns back around.

I turned back around too. He's crazy I thought absolutely crazy.