Making up & Desicions

Clary's pov

I found Sebastian and Jace sitting in the cafeteria with Alec. Alec was trying to get them to talk, but they wouldn't. I walked up to their table and they all looked at me.

"Can I talk to you guys?" I asked Sebastian and Jace.

"Okay." Sebastian said after awhile and we all walked outside.

We stopped at a bench and sat down.

"You guys need to stop fighting." I started. "I know this is all my fault, but you need to stop fighting."

They were both silent for a moment.

"It's not your fault Clary." Jace said quietly. " We don't blame you."

"I guess it's just that, you haven't made your decision yet." Sebastian said. " Can you please make it soon? Your killing us."

I felt more stressed than I had before.

"I know I'm sorry. I promise you I'll be decided by tomorrow." I said.

"Okay." Jace said and we all walked back inside.

*************************************

That night I laid in bed, wide awake. I needed to make my decision. It wasn't fair on either of them, to make them wait like this.

First I thought about Jace. I remembered when I first met him, and how even then I had thought he was beautiful. I remembered Sebastian's party, and how he begged me to forgive him afterwards. I thought about how he had told me he loved me, and how he had kissed me in the forest that night.

I then thought about Sebastian. I remembered how I had liked him immediately. How he had asked for my number in Chemistry on that first day. I thought about our date and how he had kissed that night. I also thought about how he had showed me where him and his sister had carved theirs into the tree at Jace's lake house.

These boys had changed my life. I loved them both. They both were so different, yet so in alike in so many ways. While Sebastian was nice and polite, Jace was arrogant and cocky. How could I break one of their hearts?

I dreamt that night, again of Jace and Sebastian. They were hugging me and saying that it was okay if I didn't pick them. I woke up the next morning with a jolt. I had figured it out.

I knew who I was going to pick.