Jealousy & Confusion

Clary's pov.

"I'll be right back." I said to Jace as I got up and ran out of the hospital room.

I couldn't find Sebastian anywhere. I finally found him sitting in the parking lot, looking sad.

"Sebastian." I said and he looked up at me.

I went and took a seat beside him. He was silent and he was looking at the ground.

"It's him then isn't." He said blankly.

"No I haven't made up my mind. I'm sorry you saw that Sebastian, I-" I said but he cut me off.

"Don't worry about it Clary." Sebastian said without any emotion and I was silent.

"When will you make your decision?" He asked.

I sighed frustrated. "I don't know, I just can't decide."

"Can I ask you something Clary?" Sebastian asked me.

"Of course." I replied.

"When you decide, and if it isn't me, can you promise me that'll we'll still be friends?" He said.

"I promise Sebastian." I said. "I should go back in. I'll talk to you later."

I pecked him on the cheek, and stood up.

"Bye Clary." He said and I left.

I walked back into the hospital, and back into Jace's room. He was fast asleep, and I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek.

"Goodnight Jace." I said and left.

I drove back home and went up to my room. Five minutes later there was knock on my door.

"Come in." I said and my mother walked in.

"How's Jace doing?" My mother asked while sitting on my bed.

"He's okay. I'm just happy he's awake." I said relieved.

"That's great." She said. "So have you made your decision yet?"

I groaned. "No, mom help me I have no clue who to choose."

"I can't make the decision for you Sweetie." My mother said sympathetically. "They both seem like nice boys."

I had to stop myself from giggling, oh if only she knew them well.

"Sebastian sure looks like Valentine." My mother said.

"I caught him staring at you a few times at the lake house." I said.

"I don't think he really got over me." My mother said a bit embarrassed.

"Did you get over him?" I asked wearily.

"It took two years, but yes I did." She said.

"Two years?" I asked bewildered.

"Yes two years. I was in love with him deeply, Clary." She said a bit wistfully, and we were both silent for a moment.

"You should get me some sleep." My mother said while patting my on the back. "Goodnight baby." She said and kissed me on the cheek and left.

I got changed, and got into bed. I closed my eyes and thought of Jace and Sebastian.

How was I going to choose?