Realization

Jace's pov

I'm sitting beside Clary at dinner, and my words repeat in my head.

"Someone who I can never have."

Did she figure out that it was her? I doubt it, but even if she did she's too in love with Sebastian to care. Right now, she's laughing with Sebastian and I'm getting more jealous by the second. My mind floats back to a few days ago.

FLASHBACK

"Can I ask you something?" Sebastian said to me

We were at my house after school.

"Sure" I replied.

"Do you think I should ask Clary out on a date?" He said.

I was shocked. Couldn't he tell that u already liked her?

"Do you like her?" I asked

"Yes." He says a bit embarrassed, and my heart dropped a bit.

"Then I think you should do it." I said very forced.

"I don't think I will." Sebastian said and I felt relieved.

END OF FLASHBACK

Relieved for nothing, I thought to myself now. It wasn't like I could tell Sebastian that he couldn't go on a date with Clary. We had been best friends since Kindergarten and he was like my brother.

I had never met someone like Clary. She was the first girl who hadn't fallen all over me when we met, and at first it bugged me. But then I talked to her more and I started to have a strange liking toward her. When I saw her at the art gallery with her mother, I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

"Jace?" My father called my name, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah?" I say

"Why don't you and Alec, Isabelle, Sebastian, and Clary go and watch a movie?" He suggests.

"Um yeah sure." I mumble and get up from the table and the four of them follow me downstairs.

"What movie do you guys wanna watch?" I ask them.

"Something with action." Sebastian says.

"Or something romantic." Isabelle says.

After about ten minutes of arguing we all agree on watching "The Hunger Games" everyone takes a seat and I end up beside Clary and Alec. On the other side of Clary is Sebastian, and they keep giggling to each other. Jealousy wells inside of me, why was she doing this to me? I had never experienced something like this before.

I look at her from the corner of my eye. There a smile on her face and her eyes seem to be a light green. God, she was beautiful, and I realized something that scared me

I'm in love with Clary