Chapter 110 Calm Before the Storm

Start from the beginning

"Kyoya, where did you get that scarf?"

"It was a gift."

"Oh, was it from a lady?"

While Vanessa was just teasing, Kyoya merely sat in silence. At first she thought he was just being his usual stoic self. However, that idea began to fly out the window as he refused to make eye contact with her.

"Holy crap, it actually is a gift from girl. The ice stripper has grown up so much over these six months!!!!"

"Will you shut up after I tell you how?"

After hearing this, Vanessa and Grey grew interested in this. A sigh escaped from Kyoya's lips as he looked at the members of his squad. A small smile appeared on his face as he missed this atmosphere.

"Alright. Guess it's story time."

~Flashback to Yesterday~
Kyoya was seen inside of a bakery in Kikka. As he sat down, he saw what lies before him. This object was the pinnacle of a temporary beauty.

"....this.....is too magnificent."

Right before Kyoya was a strawberry shortcake

Right before Kyoya was a strawberry shortcake. He hasn't had one during his six months of training, so he decided to get one while he had the chance. As he took the first bite of his cake, a slight blush was on his face as he was smiling.

"Oh, cake~. How I missed you so."

"Kyoya?"

When Kyoya turned around, he saw Juvia staring at him. Soon a smile was on the water mage's face but she quickly puts something behind her. As Kyoya looked at Juvia, he heard the sound of growling.

"........"

"Want me to pretend that I didn't hear that? I'll even share my cake with you."

"....thank you."

As Juvia sat down, Kyoya moved his cake towards her. When Juvia took a bite of the cake, she felt like she was in pure bliss. Seeing her expression, Kyoya nods his head in approval. Sweets are the greatest thing in the world.

"By the way Kyoya....are you getting enough rest?"

"Yeah...why do you ask?"

"I don't know, it just feels like you're more on edge after learning we'll be dealing with devils. I just don't want you to overwork yourself."

Silence was the only thing present. When Juvia looked at Kyoya, she saw an expression on his face that held mix feelings. He looked angered, yet the look in his eyes held fear. Soon Kyoya began to speak towards Juvia.

"...let's just say, I had a bad experience with them. Even now, I still hold so much hatred towards them. I'm sorry, but I can't tell you all the details even if I wanted to. Call me a wimp if you want but it's tr-"