Chapter 10 Dungeon

The Black Bulls were in their hideout as they were just doing their own thing. As Kyoya walked in, he had one thought on his mind.

".....are they seriously arguing over what they should name a bird?"

As Kyoya just had a blank expression, Luck was actually in thought. Soon he decided that the bird on Asta's head should be named Nero. As this happened, Finral arrived back to the hideout with Yami.

"Alright everyone, listen up. I was called in because a new dungeon's been discovered."

Everyone had a shocked expression after they heard this. Even Asta was surprised, but soon the moment ended quickly with one question.

"Awesome!!!!!!! So what's a dungeon?!"

"What? Seriously. Why did you act surprised when you don't even know what it is?"

"Because everyone else seemed surprised."

Magna sighed as he tried to explain what a dungeon was to Asta. Kyoya knew what a dungeon was and decided to summarize what a dungeon was with one sentence to help Asta understand it better.

"Asta......it's a big ass maze filled with lots traps that has a bunch of treasure. But since Captain Yami was sent to the castle and learned this, I guess that means the Black Bulls are taking the mission."

"You got it right, Ice Stripper. This mission is a big one and has to be done swiftly. The dungeon has manifested near the border between us and an enemy territory, the Diamond Kingdom."

Everyone was soon realized what this meant. The mission had to be done quickly and thoroughly so the Diamond Kingdom doesn't get the good stuff. Soon Asta raised his hand as he spoke in excitement.

"Captain Yami, send me on this mission. I'll clear that dungeon and use some awesome magic afterwards."

"Oh yeah. How are you gonna do that with no magic?"

"It'll work somehow! I won't know until I try!"

"Geez. Anyways, I was going to send you regardless. It wasn't my call this time. The Wizard King asked for both you and Kyoya to participate."

The two boys in question froze in place. They stood in silence as they were in a moment of shock. However, they suddenly shouted in joy.

"The Wizard King chose us! Dear Wizard King, i'll devote myself to this mission in body and soul."

"After all my time in the Black Bulls......i finally have some level of importance! Let's do our best Asta!!!!!"

Asta and Kyoya shook each others hand as they had tears of joy running down their face. As this happened, Noelle and Yami looked at them as if they were idiots.

"Anyways, Noelle. You're going to."

"Huh? Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Why not? Gotta gain some experience somehow. Last but not least, Luck. You're in charge during this mission."

Kyoya looked at Luck with a worried expression. His concern was increased when he saw Luck smiling more than usual as he saw him look at the captain.

"Are you sure?!"

"Yeah. Can't have you losing your edge if you're always here. Plus it saves us the trouble of fixing the crap you break here."

"He's sending him with us to avoid collateral damage?!"

As Kyoya sighed, Finral used his magic to open a portal to a location close to the dungeon that they were going to investigate. As Kyoya and the others go through, they start to walk around as they head for the dungeon. Soon they found themselves in front of the entrance. Asta lit the lantern as he and the rest of the group walk inside.

Kyoya and Luck walked ahead as Asta and Noelle were behind them. As this happened, the silence soon began to feel awkward.

"It so dark in here."

"Yeah, no kidding. But could you stop clinging to me Noelle. I can barely walk over here."

"Excuse me, i do not cling."

As soon as Noelle said this, she tripped and fell onto Asta's back. When they both hit the ground, the lantern was broken and the flame inside it went out. As this happened, Noelle and Asta started bickering until the felt the air get cold.

"This conversation is over."

"But he/she-"

Asta and Noelle felt something strike the top of their heads. When they looked forward, they saw Kyoya's hands covered in ice as he smiled at them with his eyes closed.

"This conversation is over. Understood?"

"Y-yes sir!!!!"

As Noelle and Asta quickly agreed with Kyoya after his show of tough love, Luck sensed a trace of mana right next to him. When he pushed one of the bricks on the wall, it showed a large area of the dungeon filled with lots of paths.

"Wow, there's a crazy amount of mana here."

"For once, I agree with you Luck. Just make sure to look out for any traps."

"You two weren't kidding. The amount of mana here is astounding."

As Luck, Kyoya, and Noelle were all amazed by the amount of magic in the air, Asta didn't feel a single trace of it. Soon he started to cry tears of jealousy as he wished he could sense it too. As this happened, Luck suddenly sensed some strong mana entering the place.

~Meanwhile~
Lotus was seen with various men of his own squad as he looked at Mars and Xanxus. Soon the man smiled as he spoke up.

"I think we should all split up. That way we can cover more ground. We better hurry before the Clover Kingdom sends some people here as well."

As Mars nods his head, Lotus looked at Xanxus. He could tell that he didn't give a damn about the treasure or even the Diamond Kingdom. Soon Xanxus spoke up.

"Lotus. What was the name of the scum who beat Mukuro?"

"Huh? I'm not some all knowing god you know. But.....rumor has it that the last name of the person who beat him was Fullbuster."

Xanxus eyes became wide. He knew the name Fullbuster all too well. The reason on how he knew about that name is the same reason why he had so many scars on his body.

~Flashback~
Xanxus is seen on the ground as parts of his body was frozen. As he looked ahead, he felt a sense of dread as the person responsible was walking towards him. As the person got closer and closer, the first thing Xanxus saw was the man's armor. The only thing that was special about it were the words carved into it. The words were Absolute Zerø.

"What's with the shaking friend? Are you scared i'm gonna kill you? Are you scared i might devour your soul? You can put your fears to rest. I only eat the souls of devils. Besides......you aren't worth the effort it takes to kill someone."

~Flashback ends~
Xanxus' hands were trembling as flames were coating his hand. Soon he released the flames towards a nearby wall. After the attack connected, everyone in the area saw that both this wall and the ones after it were reduced to cinders.

"Heheheh. Hahahahahahah!!!! So it's  him. I never knew who he was affiliated with. But if what you say is true, only one person comes to mind. You and Mars can go look for the treasure room. I after a much bigger target."

As Xanxus walks away from the group, he had a smile on his face. Finally, he would find the bastard who humiliated him and gave him the scars on his body. When he was far enough away from the group, he said one thing.

"I'll kill you.....Silver Fullbuster."