Chapter 155 The Beginning of the End

~?????~
"Where am I?"

That was the first question Kyoya asked himself. When he looked around, he saw that he was in a familiar field. The lush green grass, the blue sky, and the familiar table was before him. Soon he saw a beautiful woman sitting at the table as she was simply smiling towards him.

"It's been a while, Kyoya Fullbuster."

"Echidna

"Echidna........"

"Wow, even after getting your revenge, you still remember me. Honestly, you're making me blush."

While Echidna said this, she looked at the state of Kyoya's body. His right eye, his right arm, and even both of his legs have ceased to function. In all honesty, Kyoya was lucky he only last that little due to his connection with Zeref. If anyone else would've used his spells, they would be dead on the spot. Feeling the Witch's gaze, Kyoya let a sigh escape from his lips.

"So what do you want from me now? Hate to break it to you, but i'm literally broken goods right now. Plus I already got what I wanted, so I do-"

"Zeref is the one who created the Etherious and discovered the Tree of Qliphoth. During the time he was alive, around the same time I still went through the aging process, Zeref left the Clover Kingdom in order to conduct research on the rest of the lands and how their inhabitants way of life went about."

Kyoya noticed something different about Echidna. Her usual playful and smug tone of voice was gone. In it's place was seriousness as her eyes were locked onto him. Even Kyoya could tell that this was a serious topic for her.

"One day, Zeref travelled to a place that was not part of any of the four kingdoms. A place where the mana was so dense and powerful that all it's inhabitants need to use mana skin everyday while living there. A place filled with one of the strongest creatures. A land shrouded in mystery and filled with the dangers known as dragons, The Dark Continent."

"........."

"It was during this time that Zeref heard rumors of a doctor who would heal dragons due to them being injured by humans attacking them out of fear. The dragon that was healed by this doctor was known as Acnologia, however, that very dragon was killed by the doctor that saved him after it was revealed that Acnologia and his brethren slaughtered every human on the continent. Having killed the dragon king and taking his name, the doctor became Acnologia and that is how the Dragon King Festival started."

The moment Echidna said this, the scenery around her and Kyoya changed. Instead of the simple green field, they were now on a continent filled with nothing but corpses and engulfed in flames. Humans, dragons, animals, nothing was spared in this hell. However, Kyoya's eyes widen in shock when he saw one man standing before him.

"Kyoya Fullbuster, my descendant, i'm sorry. You merely sharing my blood caused your life to be turned upside down. Not only that, my discoveries were used to take away your home and even got you cursed as a result. I could die thousands of times and even that wouldn't be enough to atone for the sins my actions caused."