She clears her throat and sends us both another warm smile. "Are you doing okay?" she asks. "And that reoccurring problem we had, still an issue?"

It's obvious that she decided not to ask about Mason, or the nightmares directly. Confidentiality and all. "Yes, I am. I'm doing much better," I tell her. "And I don't have them as often anymore."

She nods and looks between us. "How about another session, just to catch up? I can mark you down for your progress."

"I don't know," I shift uncomfortably. "I didn't plan on coming back to therapy."

"Just think of it as a check up, no pressure." she suggests.

"Yeah, okay." I nod.

She nods in approval. "Great, I'll give you a call."

"—It was lovely to meet you, Mason."

"That was your therapist?" his brows raise as she walks away.

I nod.

"She looked like she saw a fucking ghost."

"She did." I shrug.

"Yeah," he sighs, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I guess she did."

"Maybe this will be good, another session." he tells me as he grabs a bottle of water from the shelf.

"How so?"

"Just to talk it out."

I look away. "Let's just finish shopping."

—————

Mason's POV:

I decide to go to the hospital, see if Amara wants to go for Lunch. Our lunch breaks rarely match up, her schedule is way too fucking unpredictable for that—but I have nothing else to do.

I make my way around, before someone catches my eye. "Hey, you." I call out, watching as the man turns round with a cautious expression. "You work for Amara, right?"

"I'm Doctor Woods' intern, yes." he coughs.

"I'm not going to bite," I furrow my brow. Why is he so fucking nervous? "Do you know where I can find her?"

"She's with a patient right now, you can wait down here."

"I can't go up there?" I ask.

"No, sorry."

"Alright." I shrug, tapping my fingers against my leg.

"So... hows your day going?" I ask, and his brow raises.

"Its okay..," he cocks his head.

"And Amara? How is her day going today?"

"Okay, I think?" he mumbles. "Maybe you should ask Doctor Woods yourself."

"Didn't she tell you she hurt her back?" I raise my brow.

"No, she didn't." his expression turns to confusion.

"Yeah. She isn't supposed to use the stairs for a few weeks." I nod slowly.

"That's okay, we have elevators." he smiles idiotically.