Chapter 8 - The grimm woman

Pyrrha stared at the woman in shock, her mouth agape. Did she hear that correctly? The woman was a grimm?!

"Why so shocked? You really thought a grimm could never look as beautiful as I do?" the woman asked, acting like she was hurt, but a smirk then quickly appeared on her pale face. "Well they can sweetheart."

She proceeded to strut towards the Null, which unlike its reaction to the huntsmen, did not seem to mind her presence. In fact it welcomed her since it allowed her to wrap her slender arms around its body.

"Oh my darling, look at how handsome you are," she cooed seductively. "Come give me a kiss."

The woman then closed her eyes and tilted her head upwards, presenting her lips to the grimm. The Null seemed to reciprocate this act as it began to lean forward, lowering its own head down. However before anything could transpire between the two, purple aura covered the Null's body and tore it away from the woman before being slammed into a building wall.

"Who?!" the grimm woman shouted.

With her riding crop in her hand, Glynda Goodwitch gave a sharp glare to the other woman. Her eyes then glanced over to her injured students, spread across the road. This sight only caused her eyebrows to furrow even further, before swiping her crop across her, which caused the grimm woman to raise an eyebrow in confusion. However she was suddenly struck by a large torn off piece of a building which made her crash into another building beside her.

Glynda was not finished though, she then pulled the woman out of the rubble and proceeded to toss her to the back of the street. Glynda then began to slowly make her way to the woman, unaware that behind her the Null had recovered and now its eyes locked unto her.

The Null then prepared itself to rush at the huntress, but a speeding bullet lodged itself into the grimm's shoulder, taking its attention away from Glynda. Turning around, the Null saw a red haired huntress with her rifle out, cocking the gun to let a bullet shell out.

Peering its eyes at them, the Null grave a shrill scream before rushing at Ruby. But the rest of her team quickly stopped it's tracks.

"What is this thing?!" Yang asked through gritted teeth.

"A Null, a grimm that has yet to take on a proper form so its mostly operating through extreme desires and instincts, however it is capable of intelligence," Luna answered.

"That's convenient," Weiss spat.

Luna then turned to her leader and told her to shoot the Null at the head. Following the advice, Ruby aimed her Crescent Rose at the grimm's head before letting a single bullet fly at it. Since it was too busy trying to shake the others off, it didn't notice the bullet in time, leading to it being struck right between the eyes.

The Null's head jerked back, stunning it for a couple of seconds. But this was enough for Yang to take her fist and strike the Null, sending it rolling along the pavement.

While the team took a quick breather, Luna explained that their attack won't keep it down forever, much to the dismay of the others. However she did explain that they still have a chance, only if they can give her some time to prepare. The team was curious as to what the blonde was going to do, but they had no time to ask when they heard the Null begin to stir awake.

"How long do you need?" Ruby asked her teammate.

"Only 3 minutes maximum," Luna answered.

Ruby nodded in response and told the rest of her team to distract the Null, through any means necessary.

Leaping into action Yang, Blake and Weiss got the Null's attention, while Ruby lagged behind to tell Luna to get on with her preparations. Seeing her leader being authoritative was a new thing for Luna, but she welcomed it and nodded back in response.